rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Sao Paulo - Fri 26Oct18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm glad that you can now see all of the cars in the list when you join the server.

Does the car and track combination work in single player mode?

Do you have logging enabled for both single and multiplayer modes? Adding "trace=2" to the command line parameters field in the Launcher may help you to determine the cause of the issue.

Which version of Windows are you running?

Does the same problem occur when you try to join another one of our servers, or any other server? And does the problem occur with any other car and track combination?

EDIT:
Looks like you have been able to join the server and load the track successfully!

My CTD's was unrelated to the server. Reinstalled my audio drivers (also strange) then everything was ok.

Server does not have set up the option of downloading the content, you need to download and install the track manually!

I downloaded the track, then got the error. I deleted all S397 rfmods thinking that was it, no dice. I have the track and the endurance pack. This is the second time this is happening in 2 weeks. I have been able to join other RD sessions previously. I'll try delete the cars and download again and see if it fixes it

My CTD's was unrelated to the server. Reinstalled my audio drivers (also strange) then everything was ok.
That's very strange, but I'm glad that you managed to resolve the issue! :) How did you figure out that the audio drivers might have been causing the issue?

I downloaded the track, then got the error. I deleted all S397 rfmods thinking that was it, no dice. I have the track and the endurance pack. This is the second time this is happening in 2 weeks. I have been able to join other RD sessions previously. I'll try delete the cars and download again and see if it fixes it
Just to be certain, are you downloading the track from the opening post of this thread? If so, and you are still experiencing issues, then I would do as @Balazs Floszmann has suggested - uninstall and delete any other .rfmod files (shown as a 'Mod' in the Content Manager), remove the contents of the 'rFm' folder (in the 'Installed' directory), and remove any .ini (configuration) files from the 'player' folder (in the 'UserData' directory).

Just noticed some of the names signed up to this race :sneaky: quite the grid has formed! Going to need to being my A game :barefoot: (In a totally non competitive highly friendly it's a just a club race ya'll way :roflmao:)

Just to be certain, are you downloading the track from the opening post of this thread? If so, and you are still experiencing issues, then I would do as @Balazs Floszmann has suggested - uninstall and delete any other .rfmod files (shown as a 'Mod' in the Content Manager), remove the contents of the 'rFm' folder (in the 'Installed' directory), and remove any .ini (configuration) files from the 'player' folder (in the 'UserData' directory).

deleted all mod packages, removed from rFM folder, deleted any .ini and i have this error.
upload_2018-10-25_9-31-36.png

Edit: Whatever problem i'm having is not limited to RD servers. I tried others and had the same error. Please put me on reserve until i get this sorted

Last edited:
deleted all mod packages, removed from rFM folder, deleted any .ini and i have this error.
View attachment 275512

Edit: Whatever problem i'm having is not limited to RD servers. I tried others and had the same error. Please put me on reserve until i get this sorted
It is possible that your 'Working Dir' is incorrect. You can verify this, and change it (if necessary) by opening the 'ModMgr' tool, which can be found in the <rF2_install_dir>\Bin32 directory. The 'Working Dir' path should be set to the root of your rFactor 2 installation.

It is possible that your 'Working Dir' is incorrect. You can verify this, and change it (if necessary) by opening the 'ModMgr' tool, which can be found in the <rF2_install_dir>\Bin32 directory. The 'Working Dir' path should be set to the root of your rFactor 2 installation.

Checked Mod manager, evethything is as it should be, correct working directory.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%