rF2 Studio 397 GT3 @ Matsusaka (Suzuka) - Sat 08 Sep18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qualy was terrible, the 100 meter sign was missing and it took me some laps to spot that there is another one at the wall, had to much traffic and could not improve anymore.
Good race @detailedcoat , just as i started to close the gap slightly, i pushed to hard and touched 1 curb going into the 2. corner and spun. Decided to wait to check out the Bentley and to get more close racing practice ... who likes to race alone on a Saturday. @Sfrost you were just as fast looking at the laptimes. Cars are fun, i think TC was to strong as i lost time accelerating and had no hotkey assigned.
Felt like half the grid was missing at the end?

Was wondering how I managed to close up 20+ seconds from 1 spin :p Was fun racing with your corvette breathing down my neck for the whole second half of the race, really had to focus on my apexs and exits. Wish I had had a better qualy as I got stuck behind 2 mclarens at the start that were quick into all the places you could normally go for an overtake so spent a good couple laps looking for a way past. By the time I got through you and @detailedcoat were too far ahead so was settling in for a quiet race in no man's land. Look forward to racing with you guys again.

Thanks @Stephen Gibb for organising loving these Rfactor2 races the past couple weeks.

Yes they did, the update was only good for the Vette and Radical IMO, all other cars went downhill. This pack is a mess, honestly. I feel very bad for paying for it... the Endurance pack on the other hand is very nice (but still got some issues).
Well... I drive the Radical first which I have been driving in the past in a series. I got frustrated with the terminal understeer. Then tried the Merc because people said it's slow. Well oddly enough it feels like the Radical! One is a small mid-rear engine car and one is a big front engine car. Both have terminal understeer. I don't get it.

Just got done with the VEC pre-season race and i was not done with racing for the day, decided to join the race an hour before it began. I saw that Florian was the fastest in the Corvette so i decided to use that one too. I was fast form the get go and the setup needed only minor tweeks to get really good. I thougt before qually that i would place the car on p2 behind Florian but somehow pulled got a really quick lap in to get pole. The race wasn't that exciting i quickly noticed that the guy behind needed to be realy close for him to overtake you so i created a 1 second gap to Florian to keep him behind. That went really well until he spun and the race was already done. I cruised it home for the victory. Winning 2 race's in one evening is a new experience for me (humble brag much:)). Thanks to @ionONE1 for the good race and @Stephen Gibb for organizing.

The merc feels like it weights a lot more, not necessary understeer but it took time to turn especially sector 1. I managed to drive 1 sec faster by changing to mclaren/corvette after 3 laps of practice.
Ah also the rolling start was messed up, yesterday we accelerated at the start/finish line today was out of nowhere and go.

Btw RD admins need to make a rule forbiding driver names with á é í ç, etc. These are known for causing disconnects in formation lap and FCY
Although I didn't take part in this race, while my username here is Óscar Melero, I use "Oscar Melero" in all sims I have, mainly because the profile folder it generates is something like ÄAscar Melero if I use special characters.

But I agree with that. Something that can help to bring stability is obviously welcome.

The problem is with DX11, looks like the support for special characters was dropped or is not working well. Some people even had a game crash using french when there was a FCY months ago, no idea if this was fixed, but I dont remember reading about disconnects caused by this being fixed anyway.
The 3 today were probably caused by that.

The problem is with DX11, looks like the support for special characters was dropped or is not working well. Some people even had a game crash using french when there was a FCY months ago, no idea if this was fixed, but I dont remember reading about disconnects caused by this being fixed anyway.
The 3 today were probably caused by that.
Wow... something as basic as that needs to be supported from day one in such a widely used engine...

I would do a "test" race with all people joining in with names written in special characters just to see what happens. If it breaks the race or something like that, it's no doubt.

Wow... something as basic as that needs to be supported from day one in such a widely used engine...

I would do a "test" race with all people joining in with names written in special characters just to see what happens. If it breaks the race or something like that, it's no doubt.
Yes when i used ß everyone behind me disconnected in the line 3-4 month ago and we did 2 restarts and only found out by asking in the official forum. The formation lap is fine, game drops everyone when the race starts. The game should give you a warning, in AMS you get an error message when you try to join a server or give error when you insert your name -.- . Sucks that these things keep happening in rf2, i suggest adding a note for the next event. Maybe this is fixed with the new interface soonTM or someone needs to report on the dev forum again?

Last edited:
My quali wasn't bad for the mclaren I prob could have got another 2 tenths. The race, well I need to find out what is going on with the tyres. All my tyres were between 68-72 and never overheated however as soon as I get to 6-7 laps all grip disappear and car slides and looses traction? Tyres still good temps?
The start I got as close to the corvette ahead as possible and still didn't manage a slip stream (corvette just pulled away) and also through the sector 1. I was 25 laps of fuel on medium hoping to go until the end. Better luck next time. Good racing.

Ah also the rolling start was messed up, yesterday we accelerated at the start/finish line today was out of nowhere and go.
Sorry guys that was my bad I should have tested the rolling start before the race I just presumed we wouldn't get the green light till after the chicane was not expexticing it so soon would possibly be better with a manual rolling start for this circuit in the future.
Btw RD admins need to make a rule forbiding driver names with á é í ç, etc. These are known for causing disconnects in formation lap and FCY
Sucks that these things keep happening in rf2, i suggest adding a note for the next event.
Yes we are aware of the problem and I'll add a note for the next event :thumbsup:
@alvaro inchausti sorry about getting in your way after the final chicane I ran out of fuel :(:(, Iwas sure I had enough just to finish had 6.8Ltr with 1.5 laps to go :), apart from that had great race.
As always congrats to the podiums.

All my tyres were between 68-72 and never overheated however as soon as I get to 6-7 laps all grip disappear and car slides and looses traction? Tyres still good temps?
I can only tell you that for me in the Macca, grip also disappeared quite quickly, surprisingly so, the rear started to lose traction very shortly, like in 5 laps or so, while the tyre wear was still in the upper nineties. Near the end of the race, even the front was pretty much gone in most corners, and the tyre wear was nowhere near excessive still.

Also, apologies to @Will Mazeo for nearly taking you out during one of my landscaping trips in the Spoon curve :(

No problem, I dont even remember that lol
Were you using S7 tires? I had them and felt like they were the wrong choice for this track, too many medium-high speed corners. In many others these will handle 50 minutes just fine, but here had to be S8 or S9

I had to look what S7 is, but yes, I was using soft tyres. They didn't seem to overheat under normal circumstances and tyre wear also seemed minimal.

I can only tell you that for me in the Macca, grip also disappeared quite quickly, surprisingly so, the rear started to lose traction very shortly, like in 5 laps or so, while the tyre wear was still in the upper nineties. Near the end of the race, even the front was pretty much gone in most corners, and the tyre wear was nowhere near excessive still.

Also, apologies to @Will Mazeo for nearly taking you out during one of my landscaping trips in the Spoon curve :(
The good news is the mclaren flys at oulton. Must have been a bug with the last track?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 238 13.5%