rF2 Studio 397 GT3 @ Bathurst 2016 - Sat 06 Oct18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Not funny anymore!
Another car hit me in the 1st!!!!! lap after restart! I'm very disappointed.
I understand it's racing but still would be most important have some fun. Sometimes have to release the throttle for the better, enjoyable fun.
Something went wrong. Don't take this so seriously it's just fun race!

Last edited:
Well that was fun while it lasted. Had a little bump at the elbow. Got myself some suspension damage wheel slightly pointing in the wrong direction down the straight then immediately followed by spinning off onto the start and finish straight. Goodbye 3rd place. Proceeded to do a few laps with the steering wheel at some godly angle.:O_o:
I couldn't help it but I was laughing so hard the tears were running down my face. I could barely see what I was looking at and of course I proceeded to hit the wall again, total suspension failure.
Oh well :poop: happens.
Well done to the podiums.
There was some good driving and some bad driving. More patients and diligence must be applied for the sake of fun. The clubs are for fun and for "everybody" to enjoy.
And thanks to @Stephen Gibb for setting up the event.:thumbsup: Craig you know you wanted a car just like mine, well the colour anyway.:p

Last edited:
Not funny anymore!
Another car hit me in the 1st!!!!! lap after restart! I'm very disappointed.
I understand it's racing but still would be most important have some fun. Sometimes have to release the gas for the better, enjoyable fun.
Something went wrong. Don't take this so seriously it's just fun race!

Don’t forget you can file a report if you would like someone to look into it further, replay will be required.

Had a lot of fun with this car/track combo, but Maciej was a bit more consistent in the race;)

I think i should've ran a bit less wing, but was quite surprised to be only 0.03s off in qualie- might even record an onboard lap as Bathurst always looks spectacular! The soft tyres didn't feel that great towards the middle of the race, i think the mediums would've been better.

Cheers all!

I know I'm still very much guilty of that myself, though I do my best to unlearn this habit, but nevertheless, please, if you get blue flag, don't just suddenly slow down and/or change your line in the braking zone or in the middle of the corner, even if you realize the car behind you is now closer than you thought it would be. I absolutely understand the urge to get out of the way, but you'll likely make the situation worse by doing that.

As for the race, it was fun chasing down @alexSchmurtz most of the race, until it was sadly cut short a few laps before the finish by me spinning out in The Cutting and getting stuck there for like 40 seconds. So, yeah, guess I was right about that recording. Oh well.

Thanks for the race, though!

@Calvyn White

A pink car ..really
J0nKMYK.png

Tried an identical line same car and can't get down past 2:**.* with a G27. Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried an identical line same car and can't get down past 2:10.5 with a G27. Any advice?
Keep driving with us: Ross has got lots of experience and many laps under the belt. At one point, it is down to practice, practice, practice. Have a look at the Academy too, it should be back shortly. And don't focus on lap times only: consistency is more important in a 50 mn race. ;)
Last thing: we don't want to talk about times in club races please. We accept people from all level; the main point is to find someone to fight with. We can have lots of fun with a good battle, does't matter if this is at the back or at the front! :)

@grimzeus I’ll echo what Craig says great words of advice from @alexSchmurtz i personally cannot recommend the Academy highly enough when these start up again you should definitely book a spot.
One thing I would say about Ross’s replay is that you do not see the pedal input which can be of great help in learning, when I get home from work I’ll post my replay file of my Quali lap if you then load this in rF2 and watch the replay in full screen mode you will see my pedal inputs.
I also very much struggled with the FVR V8 mod and GT3s at Bathurst this track guide helped me shave quite a few seconds, hope it helps others.
But ultimately it’s mainly down to practice, practice

Keep driving with us: Ross has got lots of experience and many laps under the belt.

In other words, Ross is very old!!!

Practise makes perfect, but setup tweaks can help. I’ll post mine later. What I’ve found is that you can brake much later than you think with these cars, and get on the gas sooner than you think too. I’m still a bit off the fastest guys though.

When we were preparing for the Bathurst 1000, I was getting kinda desperate as I was still several seconds off the fast guys and I just couldn't understand what I was doing "wrong", I just didn't feel like I was doing anything so wrong that it would result in that many seconds lost. Only by comparing my lap and a fast lap side by side, I realized why that was - for the most part, I wasn't technically doing anything that was "wrong" per se. I was just a bit slower overall. A bit less speed carried through a corner, a bit later on the throttle, a bit less throttle on the exit for the fear of the car stepping out, a bit too early off the throttle approaching the corner for the fear of going wide and hitting the wall...and, when you string it all together, it adds up way more than you'd likely expect. And while I didn't feel slow when driving, far from it, when comparing the two laps like this, my own one suddenly looked slow as molasses.

And in a way, this realization has helped me to improve a bit, even though it's pretty safe to say I'll probably never be truly fast.

And it didn't really matter in the race all that much anyway ;) (But I'm used to that, my races rarely go according to how I feel about them in practice and/or according to how fast or slow I am in practice.)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%