Stuck in menu - mouse cursor problem in VR

I'm a long-time ACC user but have become stuck after trying to adjust my video settings in VR.

I have the problem where the mouse cursor won't go to the bottom of the screen in menus in VR. I believe the solution to this is to "adjust" (to what exactly is unclear) the
resolution and resolution scale values in the video settings menu, however I cannot make any of these changes "stick" because of course the "Apply" option is at the bottom of the menu which I cannot reach - catch 22. I've tried making these changes in non-VR mode but the menu screen is about 4x the size of my monitor so I can't reach "Apply" there either. I've uninstalled, removed all my ACC folders, re-installed the game twice and I still have the same problem - just stuck.

This is using an HP Reverb G2 in case it matters. Can anyone suggest how I get out of this loop? ACC in VR really is not a nice experience. Thanks.

Note: I have tried deleting AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor - GameUserSettings.ini, and it made no difference.

One puzzle has always been that the "Apply" option I need has the number 6 in a circle next to it, which seems to imply that it can be activated by hitting 6, however 6 and F6 on my keyboard have no effect. Does anyone know what the 6 in a circle means and how it might be used to apply setting changes while my mouse cursor won't reach?

Scratch the above - I deleted enough folders to get back to standard (and thanks Andrew for replying). However I now have the most bizarre fault which I've never seen in hundreds of hours of game time in ACC. Everything is now back to normal, my mouse cursor travels freely around the screen and can reach all the needed corners in-menu, EXCEPT when in-car in the garage I cannot select "DRIVE". I can get into the SETTINGS menu and all the others, but when I approach the "DRIVE" button from any direction (I can move all around it including above and left of it), it simply stops and will not allow me to select the option. What a strange day I'm having. Thanks for any ideas.

Update: I was having this "deadzone" in the top left corner of every in-game menu and then discovered it corresponded in position to where the SteamVR window was sitting on my monitor (outside VR). So I minimized that and the deadzone went away.

No further actions needed - thanks again for following.

Hi shannam1,
Can you explain to me how you solved the first issue? I am having the same problem. I am playing in VR. The buttons on my wheel aren't working in the menu, but they do work while driving. Also my mouse can't travel below the lower third of the screen.
I think the problem started when I added a second monitor. But I don't know how to fix it.
Edit: Also my escape key doesn't work in the menus.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. The mouse only responds to the top and left 2/3rds of the screen, so you can't select START! This is obviously a bit of a problem.
Yes, you can alt tab, kill the game, start the game without vr, go to the settings, change resolution to 1080, close the game, open the game again in vr. This will indeed give you full mouse control. It's also a pain in the arse and the graphics are pap. And it's bloomin 2021!
If anyone has a better solution can you please post what you've done to overcome this?
Many thanks.

I had a similar problem in AC -- the mouse was constrained to a rectangular region of the VR view, representing the native resolution of my monitor. My G2 really wants a resolution of 4320x2160 or higher, but my screen is 2560x1440.

With fullscreen selected the game would enter safe mode and revert to 2560x1440 in VR and turn off MSAA, and it did not look good.

Without fullscreen selected I could run at 4320x2160 in VR but the mouse cursor would be constrained.

The (sort of) solution I found last night was to turn on AMD Virtual Super Resolution and set the Windows desktop resolution to 4K (3840x2160). No doubt team green has something similar. Then I was able to use the fullscreen option in AC without safe mode being triggered, and had full range of the mouse cursor.

Different game, but pretty sure the same scenario will work for ACC.

• Deleted member 197115

VR resolution is independent from resolution you set in game settings, it's only for mirror, just set it to 1080p.

VR resolution is independent from resolution you set in game settings, it's only for mirror, just set it to 1080p.

I should have tried this earlier, as you had already suggested it several times in this thread :whistling:

You are exactly right, 1080p@90Hz runs fine and I think the image in the headset was even better than previously. Do you know where the VR resolution is set in AC CM? Or is it fixed at its WMR/SteamVR resolution, and modified by the pixel scaling setting?

Anyway, thanks for your patience and persistence Andrew! Your reply helped me.

• Deleted member 197115

I should have tried this earlier, as you had already suggested it several times in this thread :whistling:

You are exactly right, 1080p@90Hz runs fine and I think the image in the headset was even better than previously. Do you know where the VR resolution is set in AC CM? Or is it fixed at its WMR/SteamVR resolution, and modified by the pixel scaling setting?

Anyway, thanks for your patience and persistence Andrew! Your reply helped me.
In SteamVR as % of SS. There is a subtle difference in AC though, mirror screen resolution affects overlay (HUD) appearance, but for most 1080p is the right size, not too big, not too small.

Nearly a year later from last response. I noticed if I start the game from VR I have the issue. If I start from desktop with VR running and select "Launch Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam VR mode" I do NOT have the issue.

Exactly what Tom said. Until I take off VR headset, make some notes in Word, and go back to ACC, Now ACC is not full screen on the monitor, but it looks fine in the headset. But I cannot use the mouse on the bottom 10%, to select back or other options

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%