Struggling with mods

I'm struggling as to which mods to use. When I reinstalled RF2 it automatically subscribed to a lot of things on the steam workshop but some of them don't seem to have been updated in a long time so I've unsubscribed anything that hasn't been updated in over a year. Then I check on the RF2 launcher and there is stuff installed that I don't want but when I highlight it, it doesn't give me any options to uninstall or delete. I've purchased the GT3 pack and when I go into select a car for racing, it doesn't show up as a pack but individual cars and it has 2 versions of each car so I'm a little confused by it all. I notice in the mods section here that some of them say DX11 so that's helpful but I'm not sure about the steam workshop stuff and how much is suitable for DX11 etc. I think I'd like to delete everything` and start with my GT3 pack and maybe just a couple of tracks. What do you think? Cheers

PS There was an Endurance series that auto downloaded, is this something different to one by Studio 397?

For stuff in the steam workshop just unsubscribe from it. I've heard of weird cases when even after unsubscribing the content won't delete but it should be minimal.
For stuff installed manually, if you can't uninstall them through the launcher, go to your "Installed" folder and delete them manually.
I know S397 is keeping always 2 versions of the GT3 pack but in game you should only see the latest one, if you can see both, I'm not sure why.
If you haven't purchased the official Endurance pack, that Endurance series you're seeing is most likely the EnduRacers mod from the workshop, which imo isn't as good as the official pack.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with starting just with official content but especially in terms of tracks you'll find there aren't that many and there are some mods worth having.
Someone in the official forum started a couple of threads recently of top 10 cars and tracks so it can give you an idea of what's out there

So things are starting to make a bit more sense with what content I've now downloaded :) Obviously, the download section here, steam workshop and the official 397 site are where I've been downloading. Anywhere else I should try? I had a look at driveritalia.net but a lot of their stuff doesn't seem to have been updated.

I found the ASR mods! I thought they were lost as I saw them all deleted from RD. When I was last into rf2 about 3 years ago, I though the Ferrari 643 asr mod was amazing but the tyre edges looked a bit wobbly and now I've found them in DX11 glory and they look fantastic! Anybody else have love for ASR stuff?

I found the ASR mods! I thought they were lost as I saw them all deleted from RD. When I was last into rf2 about 3 years ago, I though the Ferrari 643 asr mod was amazing but the tyre edges looked a bit wobbly and now I've found them in DX11 glory and they look fantastic! Anybody else have love for ASR stuff?

I have most of them installed and I think they're pretty good. That said, I'm more into GT/Touring cars than OW so I don't drive them too often.

While I've got your attention, :) head movement should that be on zero and how are people checking their clipping as I'm led to believe the old app doesn't work on DX11? Thanks

Head movement is really personal preference. I haven't touched those settings in a while but I believe the one called "Look Ahead" gives the sensation of looking into the apex as you turn so I like that one and have it set at 20%. Play with them a bit to see what they do and if you like them or not.

For clipping you're right, the old plugin doesn't work in DX11. There are 2 ways that I know of.
1) Using the DAMPlugin, which is more of a telemetry app that can also give you info on clipping (I haven't bothered personally) or
2) Roll back to the DX9 branch and use the plugin as it would've done before and then return to DX11 (haven't bothered doing this lately either)

I hope S397 will give us a solution for this eventually

As you are probably aware, ASR primarily regard rF2 as their more important sim even tho they do Assetto Corsa & Automobilista. They have only just recently upgraded their 1991 F1 mods, which are free. Oooops I just noticed MPortnoy has just advised the same thing. Soooooooo there you go, we must both be right. Enjoy!

Btw just ask Mr Google for tracks etc. (which I have been doing over the past months). There are some really good tracks out there. This is from an Assetto Corsa fan, who now loves rF2 :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%