Struggling to get Real Head Motion working

I've been using Real Head Motion in Assetto Corsa and absolutely love it, but I can't seem to get it to work in a fresh install of GSC Extreme (v1.21). Here's what I've tried thus far:
I then started the game and got in a car but turning the steering wheel resulted in no head movement.

Two things I'm wondering about:
(1.) When following the instructions to edit my plr file, I did not see a line entry for "Car Vibration Mult1="0.00000".
(2.) I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Any chance that's part of my problem?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I'd really like to get this app working with GSCE. The level of immersion it provides in Assetto corsa is just indescribable.

Thanks,
Burke

I then started the game and got in a car but turning the steering wheel resulted in no head movement.

I'm a big fan of the realheadmotion plugin, and I don't think it is supposed to do what you describe, at least that's not the way I am seeing it (I use it in GSC, rF, and rF2).

So I'm not sure what you are expecting to see. I haven't seen the Assetto Corsa version so I don't know if it does exactly the same, but just turning the steering wheel does not really show what RealHeadMotion will do.

The main change you should see with the plugin is the horizon sitting still and the car moving around you.

Maybe you are thinking of the 'look ahead' function in the controller menu? You can adjust that to turn your head more as you turn the wheel.

[*]Edited my .plr file per the instructions.

Two things I'm wondering about:
(1.) When following the instructions to edit my plr file, I did not see a line entry for "Car Vibration Mult1="0.00000".
(2.) I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Any chance that's part of my problem?

I have used the plugin with and without editing the plr file, and it has cured my motion sickness in both cases, so I no longer bother editing the plr file, but that personal preference of course.

1 I think it is cockpit vibration mult1, not car.
2 It works fine on Win7 64bit for me.

Hope this helps :)

Maybe you are thinking of the 'look ahead' function in the controller menu? You can adjust that to turn your head more as you turn the wheel.
Hey Keith, thanks for the replies. Yes, the "Look Ahead" feature is indeed the effect I'm trying to achieve, and I did try that first, as I was happy to see the option included in GSCE. However, I just found myself wishing I could add a bit of "dead zone" in the middle, just so minor steering inputs on straight sections did not result in my view moving left and right.

Assetto Corsa does not have a "Look Ahead" option but the AC version of Real Head Motion allows the effect to be simulated and customized (screenshot of settings attached). I'm using it in AC as shown in the video below. I've got it set up with enough dead zone that the view does not move with smaller steering inputs but will look ahead nicely in sharp turns...

When I saw that RHM was available for GSCE, I just assumed it would do the same thing (look ahead but with a bit of center dead zone), but apparently that's not the case. Oh well, that's my mistake for assuming. :)

So at the moment, I'm using RHM in GSCE just to lock the horizon (as I now assume it was working and I just didn't notice because I was focused on looking for it to also "look ahead" with steering input), and will continue to try using a bit of the built-in "look ahead" option. Maybe it's just a matter of me getting used to it.

Thanks again for the replies,
Burke

Attachments

• RHM_AC.JPG
    RHM_AC.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 2,763

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%