Struggling to find and decide on a wireless GT style wheel for SC2

Hi Folks,

Originally I had planned to get a Simucube 2 Pro with an Ascher Racing F28 wheel. I've recently decided that since I'm starting out with only one wheel it makes more sense to go with something versatile like GT style (D shape) wheel. I also plan to use VR a lot, so I won't care if the shape doesn't match the car.

My big issue right now is I can't seem to find a wireless GT wheel that's in stock, and the places I've looked all carry the same wheels, which is by Cube Control.

Am I doomed to pick up a formula style wheel right now, or are there wheels and retailers I've overlooked, with stock, and a wider selection of wireless options?

Criteria:
- reasonably priced (no fancy options like LCD screens)
- Wireless for the SC2
- GT style, round or D shaped
- 300mm - 320mm diameter
- plenty of quality buttons/knobs
- Solid (minimal flex)
- comfortable and good quality grip

Thanks in advance.

Maybe have a look at button boxes and mount the fitting wheel yourself.
Would be no big deal to start with a D shape wheel and add something Formula later.

Only problem that i also ran into is the PCD of different wheels on the market.

I have a 3drap adapter with the (formula wheel) PCD 50.8 mm.

A Thrustmaster wheel i had lying around is about one (effing) mm off, so it won´t fit.
I really like this wheel ( Sparco 310 replica) because its lighter than the real deal and stiff enough for simracing. Also considerably cheaper than the real car 310.

Hopefully someone can tell us the PCD of Fanatec wheels because there are take offs on the market for reasonable money.

Another relatively cheap possibilty would be to just drill the new wheel to the PCD of the button box.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Simtech are working on their V2 SC Wireless wheels ATM (not the ones pictured in the link). I've got a smaller prototype in build ATM and there are some nice touches I've not seen on other wheels. Should be available very soon. Not sure what the retail price will be, but it will be competitive I'm sure.

Upvote 0
I already had a look and their wheels are open at the top. I'm trying to avoid the cutouts as I may want to do Rally or even drifting at some point. But thanks for the suggestion.

You could look at just the SRB ultra button box with your own rim, it still looks like a good button box. I recently got their GT3 wheel and am thinking about replacing my wired larger rim with their ultra bb. Once you get used to notplugging in wires you like it :)

PS, I have the ascher f64, its very nice so I think the f28 would be great too. It really depends what you want do drive. I would find it hard driving open wheelers in a rim much larger than the ascher but the ascher also does gt3 very well. So if you envision getting another rim down the track I wouldnt rule out that f28. Just depends what you might want to drive. Drifting would be out though!

Upvote 0
I use ascher bbox large with 32cm OMP Superquadro. Primairly for gt style racing but it's pretty much an allround solution and also meets your demands. This is the large & wireless version https://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/b16l-sc/...... You then would have a seperate ascher box and are able to mount it on any other medium sized rim (see image slider on the website for rims that fit). At least, that was one my arguments for long term use. With an F series ascher wheel, you can never switch to a different rim in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where in the world are you? Depending on your budget and location there are plenty of options.

I was using the Simracingbay BB Ultra wireless box with a Turn R20 wheel, very versatile and good for GT and open Wheel.

I just sold the R20 wheel as I got the SRB GT3 wheel, and now use a Sparco p310 with that BB ultra, this is a brilliant all rounder.

if you get a good wireless button box and buy the rim you want you have many options.

as well as Ascher and SRB, Simcore do nice wireless button boxes.

Upvote 0
I've been going through the same dilemma, seems the current fashion is mainly for formula rims or GT style with cutouts!

I think I decided on the SRB BB Ultra combined with a standard 300mm OMP round rim (ideally leather) or maybe just forgo the wireless and grab a "cheap" Sim Racing Coach wheel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the SRB Ultra BB with Sparco P310, if it helps :)

20210407_102152.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back