Struggling to assemble cockpit

I am struggling to get the last two pieces of my new sim rig put together and it is really frustrating, I can't seem to find any videos online for these particular pieces anywhere. I have gone back to sim Labs but they may not respond until next week now due to the holidays which is fair enough.

I have the P1X and have most of it put together, however I cannot seem to work out how the pedal slider and base plate fix together and on the rig. The instructions on the website don't make sense and when I mount the base plate it stops any movement on the slider.

It took me 30 minutes to realise I had to remove a safety catch to get it moving in the first place. Has anyone done one of these or knows of any videos online to help please ?

any videos online
Barry's videos are thorough; design may have changed since 2019..
more recent: Sim Lab P1X Instructions & Build Guide
That looks very much like a repurposed seat slider:
Pedal-plate-assemlby.jpg

... try searching for those.
I suspect that bolts to pedal plate may collide with bolts to extrusions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the sliders, you install the first bolts onto the rig and attach the adjustment bar. Once the adjustment bar is attached, you can use it to slide the rails forward so you can put in the additional bolts on the sliders to hold them down.

Upvote 0
It is indeed the exact same slider for the seat and pedals. Their website says as much.

OP, you’ll need to get the rails down in place and then you’ll bend the handle out (ie make it wider). Then the handle is essentially pressure mounted with the pins fitting into the holes. Tap with a hammer if needed to fully set the pins.

Upvote 0
I just finished doing mine. Horrible. Absolute pain in the butt not having any instructions. Trial and error made me aware there are actually 4 different ways you can mount them that all work. Only at the last attempt I got them working the way I wanted. screws supplied with the kit were too short as I used the thick washers Between the chassis and slider, making it fiddly to bed down. Used a slightly longer set of bolts and was much easier.

Also had to drill a couple of 8mm holes as it didn’t line up with the p1x slots.

worth the hassle though. Great mount with solid adjustability.

P.s. I found it very hard to not scuff the black anodising when trying to make everything line up

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%