F1 2012 struggling on race day!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
im in my 4th season on career...im in Mercedes who won the constructors last year and in quali I can do alright with the lap times but in race im 2 seconds a lap slower than the leaders which my team mate is fighting for the win I feel im pushing to the best I can. any help would be nice

Are you not braking slightly earlier (due to the extra fuel weight)?
Or
are your tyres completely shot after too many qualy laps?

I cant think of any other reason why it would make you slower :S

What assists are you using?

Could be a tyre issue. I know doing a hot lap takes at 10% or so out of the softs, so the wear quicker, slowing you down. Also, you need to alter your driving style to suit the heavier car. Other than that, I can' think of anything.

Are you not braking slightly earlier (due to the extra fuel weight)?
Or
are your tyres completely shot after too many qualy laps?

I cant think of any other reason why it would make you slower :S

What assists are you using?

Actually, I brake later on the start of a 100% race. Usually.

As for thread starter, Mercedes has the biggest tyre wear of all cars. Maybe that makes you problems. You won't really save the tyres much with driving style, if u don't drive horribly wrong. So you need to adjust yourself and your setup for heavier car. Mind that with a heavy car, trail braking is a lot more effective. And also mind that for sharper turns = braking only with straight wheel. No trail braking there.

Also, I see a lot of people overpushing. Don't try to go above the limit of the car. If you outbrake yourself and lose time, just brake 5m earlier.

I don't know what else to say. I think you can find your mistakes by yourself if you look into the way you drive. That's the best way to improve. :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%