Strong and Uncontrolled FFB Reaction - SimSteering2 & XAP F.R 2.0

Good afternoon!

First of all, thanks for paying more or less attention to this post.

In our university, we are working with future engineers who want to work close to the competition. In order to teach them in a better way, 5 years ago, the direction bought a simulator equipped with Leo Bodnar SimSteering 2 (picture attached below) and a XAP Wheel (Formula Renault 2.0).

Up to now, we have been creating setups and teaching by using the original RFactor (i know it´s...too old) and, when preparing everything for that, we discovered that we had to invert some force feedback parameters in order to prepare the experience in a better way (picture attached below).

Then, a few days ago, we decided to prepare the new course with RFactor 2 and, after installing it, we are having a lot of problems that don´t let us...enjoy anything, honestly. Even if we try to change different aspects related to the SimSteering 2 map (picture atached below) or we take a look at different conversations and setups (in json file, ingame...) shared in this nice website, we can´t repair the uncontrolled and strong (and dangerous) force feedback strength that appears in this new game (video attached here:
)

We would like to find the way to solve this and find a nice balance between FFB effects and a normal load transmitted through the wheel (not with these exagerated results).

I´m not an english spoken person, so i don´t really know if i have said everything in a good way. If that hasn´t been the case, sorry and, of course, i´ll be paying attention to every answer.

Thank you very much for your time.

Attachments

• rfactor1.png
    rfactor1.png
    518.2 KB · Views: 155
  • SimSteering configuration.png
    SimSteering configuration.png
    586.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Simsteering 2-min.jpg
    Simsteering 2-min.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 163
Sorry to respond here and not help but I wanted to ask what wheel that is? XAP I see you say? Is that custom or can you buy that somewhere. Looks like exactly what im wanting.

Oh ok I found it nm. Sry for leaving a reply with no help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@FERLINAL17

1. You should update firmware and software available for download at Simsteering.com.

2. You can email them to assist you in dialing in your setup.

3. When I asked them, they agreed on the audio theory of not oversaturating the signal (strength) coming from the motor into the telemetry and instead scale the output in Nm of the vehicle to be simulated. Based on the v2 model you own, it should not be over 11Nm, but you want to add some little room (I add 10%).

Upvote 0
@FERLINAL17

1. You should update firmware and software available for download at Simsteering.com.

2. You can email them to assist you in dialing in your setup.

3. When I asked them, they agreed on the audio theory of not oversaturating the signal (strength) coming from the motor into the telemetry and instead scale the output in Nm of the vehicle to be simulated. Based on the v2 model you own, it should not be over 11Nm, but you want to add some little room (I add 10%).

Thank you very much for your answer! It works much better now, also after receiving their email.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back