Don't understand why it's stolls fault, had a slide and caught it just unfortunately Hartley was in the wrong place at the wrong time. No blame anywhere, simple racing incident

Don't understand why it's stolls fault, had a slide and caught it just unfortunately Hartley was in the wrong place at the wrong time. No blame anywhere, simple racing incident
Lets turn that around! Stroll was at the wrong time at the wrong place!! Hartley was on the outside, a fine place to be for an overtake on the next corner. Why t.f. are always the victims at the wrong time at the wrong place????

I blame the marmot
murmeltier-beim-fressen-nahaufnahme1.jpeg
Poor animal:cry:

Hartley was half way alongside which means he is entitled to be there under FIA regulations. Stroll is bad enough to even lose control in a straight in the first place.. he collected Hartley on his crash course, but Hartley is not in the wrong because he is in a legal position.

At first I was thinking it was Stroll's fault because he drove out too much to the outside and squeezed Hartley into the wall. After seeing Stroll's oversteer moment though, it was pretty clear to me Hartley only got squeezed because of Stroll's slide. If it wasn't for the oversteer, Hartley would have probably had enough room therefore it's just a racing incident in my books. I don't think either deserves blame or penalties.

If stroll didn't have a slide and just simply drove to the outside and squeezed Hartley into the wall then that's a different story but that's not what happened.

Last edited:
View attachment 255254
Brendon Hartley and Lance Stroll had a serious coming together in Canada, with many differing opinions as to who was to blame - what's your opinion?

Both drivers have been experiencing something of a troubled season, Stroll thanks to a below par Williams car and Hartley still adapting to Formula One from his successful endurance career, and neither driver did their prospects any good after what was a frighteningly violent accident on the opening lap of the Canadian Grand Prix.

With Harley blaming Stroll for sliding into the Toro Rosso and Stroll putting the onus firmly on Hartley placing his car on the outside of a very fast right hander, who do you thing was to blame for the crash, or was it simply a case of a typical lap one Canadian Grand Prix accident?

Let us know in the comments section below!

The tires are not quite at temperature. They need a lap or two to get to race temperature. I think the grid is to tightly spaced, but spreading cars out will make passing harder. The 1st set of turns are wild. If you qualify bad this is the best time to gain ground. Bunched up cars will force you of the ideal line. So you have to roll NASCAR stile and fight to defend or gain places. Its the toughest part of a race.

A lot of blame is being heaped on Stroll.

Hartley being behind Stroll (that’s the key point here) had the clearer view of the situation and put himself in a very vulnerable position (dependent on the other drivers not making a mistake). He should, and probably does accept his part in this. He’d be pretty cynical (or another Grosjean) to think he wasn’t at fault either.

Stroll probably didn’t even know he was there and if he did it still wouldn’t have made any difference. He got loose, and Hartley’s gamble didn’t pay off. Ergo, racing incident.

hey guys, i have nothing better to do so im gonna say some stuff that ive heard being said by other people and try to pass it off as my own opinion.
so that f1 ahy? stroll is and hartley was what alonso did claire sacked stuff n things about racing? jeewhizz!!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%