Do we have to have these kind of topics over and over again ?
Guess it says all about that race... :unsure:
#worstCanadianGPever
Dunno why is that jumpin' jack Vettel so damn happy. Procession.
He is happy because maybe he just got a godlike pace the whole god damn race.
FFS, did you even raced IRL?, you are telling us that winning is not winning if you do it by 8 seconds? Nah he cant be happy because now he`s 1 point ahead of HAM.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think Hartley's days are numbered regardless of whether it was his fault or not. Wouldn't be surprised if this was actually his last race.
Lets hope not. The guy is a 2x WEC world champion and Le Mans winner, and you would think that deserves a bit more respect from Red Bull - he's not some rookie they promoted a bit too early, like a lot of their other Torro Rosso drivers have been in recent years. However, this is Red Bull we're talking about here and we know what that means. It doesn't look like anyone else wants the seat though, or wants to loan anyone out for it. Red Bull have now emptied their pool of young drivers so they don't have many options. He says he's got a contract (presumably meaning until the end of the year) so hopefully he will get some better luck and have a chance to prove himself.

As for Stroll, I think he's done some mistakes, but who hasn't, and also look at the car he's got... it's shockingly bad. He has several times made up places at the start and on occasion got that car higher than it deserves to be, so I think we should maybe reserve judgement until he gets a better car. Either that or the Strolls will get fed up of Williams not getting anywhere and they will decide to take their money elsewhere.

this is the most interesting discussion that we could find to pick out of the whole race? lets discuss a more important and interesting aspect huh? did you see perez's boots?

This the only exiting moment of the race. What a boring race for the spectators.
Imagine you paid good money for seeing this train of cars progress for 69 laps.
Was a good thing to stop the race one lap early.

This the only exiting moment of the race. What a boring race for the spectators.
Imagine you paid good money for seeing this train of cars progress for 69 laps.
Was a good thing to stop the race one lap early.
I also think the F1 circus should focus more on racing, i mean, i have been in races of Motorcycles at Jerez, Formula Renault, Clio Cup and more, and in that competitions it was a little pit walk (FR3.5) and then just racing, i hate all the time that f1 takes to just do what they are supossed to do, race.

Toro Rosso has apparently already been in contact with McLaren to see if they would loan him out for the rest of the year and they got a big fat no. They have apparently contacted a few drivers and no one wants the seat, weird.

How's his other championship going? If it's looking like a title run then I could understand it. Otherwise a free run in someone else's machinery could be great experience for the lad.

I blame the marmot
murmeltier-beim-fressen-nahaufnahme1.jpeg

I love Claire Williams’ interview- “I don’t know what Hartley was doing, going into Stroll when he was just minding his own business.”
A second later...
“I haven’t seen it properly and it doesn’t matter whose fault it is- we will look at it later”

If I had to blame one car only, it'd clearly be the Williams, but I think it was just a racing incident as Stroll had so much oversteer coming to the corner (which is just a driving mistake in the end)

Many people saying stroll had a puncture, can someone show me where or how? hartley never touched him before the crash, as shown by hartley's onboard

Wasn't from Hartley but when Stroll oversteered to the left you can see the left front is already down. It happens very fast, but you can see it. Must have hit another car before that or just a bad tyre.

Probably Claire Williams fault, she's sacked the senior designer and the aerodynamicist so far, Stroll should be next.
Hartley had been putting up a reasonable showing over his weekend until 'The Mono-brow' took him out.

Wasn't from Hartley but when Stroll oversteered to the left you can see the left front is already down. It happens very fast, but you can see it. Must have hit another car before that or just a bad tyre.
No, Stroll got his puncture AFTER he hit the wall. Before the impact there was nothing wrong with his tyre. Have a look here: (@56sec)

@1:13 you can clearly see that his rear left tyre was also intact.

Created by the WORST pilot of the grid, & one of the worst driver of the F1 history, also probably one of the who put more money to sit there

He might be one of the worst drivers the last 10-11 years. I would however say that Yuji Ide was worse (though, Ide never really got a proper shot), going further back there are loads of properly awful drivers. While J-D Deletraz got some success in GT race (FIA GT Dominance with Ferrari), he was utterly disastrous in F1. What about Hans Heyer, who DNQ'd for his only GP, but still went out to the grid, and somehow started the race, and got DQ'd after he retired. Al Pease got black flagged due to being to slow(!), only F1 driver ever who managed that.
Ricardo Rosset was no world beater either, being so awful that when BAT forced him in to Tyrrell, Ken Tyrrell decided to leave the team one year early. He also ended up with his mechanics switching letters on his car to 'tosseR" (at least that's what the legend tells).
Stroll isn't good. But he is not close to being one of the worst in F1 history.

How's his other championship going? If it's looking like a title run then I could understand it. Otherwise a free run in someone else's machinery could be great experience for the lad.

I would think TR/RB wants some option on the kid. McLaren wants to keep him, probably to replace Alonso for 2019.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back