Stroll to Force India in Management Reshuffle?

First I was thinking "That was 96, not 95". Then I remembered he did all the races for Footwork Arrows in 96. Then I realized you probably hit 5 instead of 8, as it was in 1998 he failed to qualify.
You are absolutely right, I even did look it up and thought I wrote 1998, but must have made a typo. Thanks for the correction, I’ve updated my statement now as well.:)
I remember the Dutch commentator Olav Mol calling him a ‘driving chicane’ all the time. :D

If Ocon really switches to Renault for next season my bet would be on Russell. A stronger financial investment by Mercedes in combination with fresh money from BWT and Hype Energy should result in the same effect as engaging with the devil.

I think Ocon will almost certainly be at Renault next year, the trouble at Force India only makes that more likely in my mind so this is pretty much how I felt it would shake out too. Sergio is plenty good enough to ensure they keep scoring points regularly, Mercedes will ensure they stay competitive in the midfield and expectations will be tempered allowing Russell the time he'd need to find his feet and be ready to roll when time is up for Lewis or Valtteri.

Speaking as a Canadian, The Stroll family are embarrassing.
Canada Doesn't have Long list of Greats, but those on the list, deserve to be there.
The sooner they're gone from Formula 1, the better!
You may be speaking AS a Canadian but don't include me. Look, I know most people hate billionaires and their kids but the people in Formula 1 and the people covering Formula 1 are not trash talking Lance. Not in the hours of viewing I've done. The fans? Well that's another story and to read someone saying they'd rather see Force India or Williams go under than take the "devil's" money shows me how little some care about the big picture.

Let's say Rich Energy takes over and brings a driver with no more credentials than Lance. That still makes him a "pay driver" like many in the mid-field. The only difference is it's not family money. If Force India or Williams are being held afloat by pay drivers then good for them and hopefully they get back to the point where they CAN hire drivers on merit not wallet size. But until then, think of all the people employed by these teams and their families.

And Massa by Bottas with at least half a second, if you take all that into account, Williams would be a top midfield team or even in the Top 6 with someone like Hamilton.

True but LH would not be wining races or being WDC 4 times.... the car and its relative performance over the rest is the key.....

Stroll has had more prep than any driver bar maybe Max. He should be better at simple race craft, no one expects a Williams to win for sure.... we just expect less silly mistakes.

Don't make Lance angry.... you won't like him when he's angry...
6ad2a121b45a974428c3b38d4a05c23b-incredible20hulk.jpg
LOL. When I saw his photo in the omepage I thought immidiately at Lou Ferrigno. Looks like I wasn't alone in this. :roflmao:
Personally..... I really thought he was a Thunderbird puppet...
thunderbirds_are_go.jpg

Thunderbirds are........Go!

well daddy footing the bill,he has no buisness in f1 ,95% of the time he crashes out, yeah the car is bad, but put a good driver,in a crappy car,he gets result case and point fernando

Lance dosent know how to develope a car, so no matter which team he's at, he wont be able to develope a car for the next season. Lets face it, if it weren't for his dad, he would be in f1 if any motorsport because he isn't talented enough. The only thing that makes him atractive is his dad's bank account. And he doesn't realise his hypocrisy when he moans about having an uncompetitive car despite the fact that he played a part in making the car uncompetitive by not knowing how to develope it.

Last edited:
And as predicted by everyone, daddy Stroll comes to the rescue. Ocon or Perez about to lose their seat and Stroll junior to Force India. Or Force Stroll. Or whatever its gonna be called.

The absolute only positive outcome here is that that field dosent lose a team.

Yes, sorry I sound so negative, but I absolutely detest paydrivers. Especially those who isnt fast at all, but stays only due to their money.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-bid-stroll-consortium-administration/3155471/?nrt=54

Last edited:
he absolute only positive outcome here is that that field dosent lose a team.

It seems you forgot to mention 405 employees that still have jobs.

Look Lawrence Stroll could have backed his son through some company that you may or may not have heard of instead of out of his own pocket but there is a long list of pay drivers with rich families and/or backers that are none-the-less "pay drivers" and w/o them in this ridiculously expensive sport more mid packers would not have survived over the years.

MY question is, where does that leave Williams? Was the Stroll financing for 2 years only or does he still have a stake there?

Lance Strolll will take FI down with him. He is a crappy development driver and he'll likely want a second driver that is not profoundly better than him, as being outperformed by his teammate will simply make him look like the bad driver he is. Ocon is far better than him.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%