Stroll to Force India in Management Reshuffle?

Take the Helmet daddy on go with your son making pizza,s in New York ....and go for your "'drivers"" license! What is Formula one Boring at these time. Where are @ the Total 24 Hours of Spa....thats real motorsport..... Chasy and co must take look there.....losers :cry:
endurance racing is full of pay drivers btw

Sad seeing that F1 needs this type of drivers and economy movements.
Im not gonna say that skill is not relevant anymore to get a seat in F1 because we have Hamilton,Vettel,Alonso and a lot more of great drivers, but seeing that F1 is giving a seat to pay drivers more and more makes me sad.
There´s a lot of incredible drivers whitout sponsors or money who cant get out of karting, sad

I am still saving up pennies to become a paydriver in F1 as well. At this rate I am securing a seat with Williams in 2048 at the age of 72. Going to be an epic season!

On a serious note, i don't mind one paydriver in the team as long as the first driver is extremely talented. If the money keeps the team health and we can discuss and question these pay-drivers for the coming years and complain about them I see nothing lost.

If I were Lance Stroll I'd do the exactly same thing as him

Because it's easy to hate a rich guy in the modern world. I don't like him or hate him either. But if his(or his father's) pocket can help a ton of people to keep their jobs, I don't see anything bad about it.

I am still saving up pennies to become a paydriver in F1 as well. At this rate I am securing a seat with Williams in 2048 at the age of 72. Going to be an epic season!
If you continue to keep that seat to 2123 i'll join you as a teammate :D

Reactions: NDG
I think we had worse pay drivers in the past in F1. Anyone remember Ricardo Rosset? In 1998 he failed to qualify in 5 of the 16 races because he did not make the 107% mark. Compared to him Stroll is a great driver.:rolleyes: Pay drivers have always been a part of this sport, which is something we have to accept. Especially if we want 20+ cars on the grid.

Last edited:
If your Dad can afford to invest millions into your karting, millions into GP2 and further millions to basically get Williams to train you in an F1 car for a year with a team of 10 mechanics and full use of the simulator.... you really, really should be better than the average...
The advantages he has had in his short life are such that he is basically wasting them....

Having said all of that, F1 being what it is, stick Stroll in the Merc / Ferrari and he'd be getting top 5 finishes possible podiums on the right day... that says more about F1 than Strolls talents though... i.e. stick everyone (same tires fuel loads etc) in a Merc or Ferrari Stroll would be at the tail end...

Also having said all of that, if my Dad were a billionaire i'd of wanted him to pay for me to race too...

Lance Stroll is definitely not among the best, but he is hardly a bad driver. He has been doing good in F3 and it is only his second season in a bad car.

Anyway saving Force India would be great, whoever does it. The Force India guys have talent.

Unfortunately being good in F3 is not any indication that a driver actually becomes "good" in F1. Stroll was regularly outqualified by Massa by close to a second and I expect the same to continue if he gets paired with Perez.

Unfortunately being good in F3 is not any indication that a driver actually becomes "good" in F1. Stroll was regularly outqualified by Massa by close to a second and I expect the same to continue if he gets paired with Perez.

You also need the full facts about his time in F3, his Dad purchased the team and got ex Ferrari mechanics involved and basically made the Merc advantage over last few seasons look fair...

You know in sim racing when people moan about leader board cars or unfair BoP or unfair set ups....well it happens in real life.......who knew...

I think we had worse pay drivers in the past in F1. Anyone remember Ricardo Rosset? In 1995 he failed to qualify in 5 of the 16 races because he did not make the 107% mark. Compared to him Stroll is a great driver.:rolleyes: Pay drivers have always been a part of this sport, which is something we have to accept. Especially if we want 20+ cars on the grid.

First I was thinking "That was 96, not 95". Then I remembered he did all the races for Footwork Arrows in 96. Then I realized you probably hit 5 instead of 8, as it was in 1998 he failed to qualify. Granted, Tyrrell in 98 was a non-team, only running races due to the fact that they had to. Initially Verstappen or Norberto Fontana (a contract was already drafted) supposed to drive that car in 98, however BAT (Who owner BAR) wanted to spend as little money as possible on the 98 season, as that was just a inconvenient byproduct of the 1999 BAR team. Rosset brought most money, and got signed. Ken Tyrrell left the team due to this. The employees blamed Rosset partially for it, and was not happy with him. That wasn't a good environment. There is a rumour that the mechanics changed the "T" and "R" on his name on the car as well. I actually feel slightly bad for Rosset.
In the end he outqualified his teammates twice in his F1 career. Both times was in 98. He retired after 98, but made a comeback in the late 00's, and is a 3 time Porsche Cup champion in Brazil.
He also was 2nd in his F3000 rookie season, beating e.g Kenny Bräck and Allan McNish. He never was a great F1 star, but he was a tiny bit unlucky.

Then again, he was no Giovanni "Johnny Carwash" Lavaggi or Jean-Denis "What is Deletraz doing?" Deletraz either.

And your statement is very much correct. Like I've said the last few years, I'd rather have Ericsson guaranteed a seat in one Sauber instead of no Sauber at all.

It's time that the FIA do something about the crappy pay drivers

I think they need to address the cars parity first, unless we take the Championship as it was meant, as a constructors championship, if its actually meant to be drivers v's drivers we need better parity with teams and cars performance...
No driver on that grid could get a McLaren to win for example... but loads if not all could get a Merc or Ferrari into the Top 5 in Qualy...

And at the end of the year he had almost the same number of points as Massa.
Stroll is 19 years old, at his age Prost was racing in a kart. He can improve. I don't really like the guy or admire his driving, but there is no reason to drop him out of F1 after two seasons.

It's time that the FIA do something about the crappy pay drivers

They have. The super licence points. We would not get e.g Rio Haryanto today. Actually, if that Super License had been in 2015, this is the list of drivers that we wouldn't have seen in F1(only in regards to points, not age).

Roberto Mehri
Rio Haryanto
Pascal Wehrlein

At the start of the super licence points, the idea was that F.R 3.5 would right under GP2 in points, so I've used that as base, that's why Will Stevens and Carlos Sainz jr. would've had a Super Licence when they debuted if the Super Licence points was a thing back then.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back