Stroll Aiming For Podiums This Season

Let's say for example you want to be 'a racing driver'...... there are many millions who don't but who have money..so take that away. You love racing and want to race cars in a big series....the biggest barrier to that is money..not talent, money.
But hey at least you can still race cars at club level....nope still need money and lots of it.
OK karting.......nope sorry...money...
Say you dream of playing for Barca or Real Madrid...the biggest barrier to that is.....talent.
But hey, at least you can still play football in Sunday league team, yes, still need to have some skills though..ok just down the park with your mates.....no problem...

Much of the pool of 'talent' for motorsport at the top level is just rich Daddies boys, or gentleman drivers in GT3....
Also for reference see Scott Tucker.....

But he SHOULD have more than potential for the amount his dad invested in him to this point.. Even just the 1 year in a 2014 Williams with a team of techs dedicated to HIM and a selection of famous tracks to practise on.... come on, after that even without years of karting etc any of us could be at least handy enough to qualify an F1 car.
It's madness. However good he turns out to be, hell even if he is WDC, without his dads billions he'd be like us sat at home on a sim rig... that is fact, even talent needs money in this game...
Maldonardo was backed by a whole country, simply to have someone from there in F1.... i mean look at his record, he could drive a car...but without a countries backing he'd be sat at home on a sim rig..
Even Senna..yes Senna, had rich parents and eventually Brazil paying for his rise whilst people lived in poverty abandoned by the government...
At least he was grateful and gave a lot back to the poor in his home though..
I have grown so disenfranchised with the whole lot of it lately.....
Yeah, I have to disagree with that. Being able to extract performance from an F1 car takes years of experience, it's instinct to them. It's unfortunately a fact that you need a lot of funding to make it to the top, coupled with a lot of talent. There would be more talent though available if the sport was cheaper so other people with talent would be chosen over Stroll, who has the funding to get to the top.

Yeah, I have to disagree with that. Being able to extract performance from an F1 car takes years of experience, it's instinct to them. It's unfortunately a fact that you need a lot of funding to make it to the top, coupled with a lot of talent. There would be more talent though available if the sport was cheaper so other people with talent would be chosen over Stroll, who has the funding to get to the top.

It may takes years of experience, but having 1 year to practise on top tracks in a 2014 Williams with full tech crew on hand has GOT to help over simply just starting your rookie season having never driven an F1 car...
Stroll should be a lot better with the help he has had from his Dads wallet.....

It may takes years of experience, but having 1 year to practise on top tracks in a 2014 Williams with full tech crew on hand has GOT to help over simply just starting your rookie season having never driven an F1 car...
Stroll should be a lot better with the help he has had from his Dads wallet.....
Yeah, I have to agree. He can be a great driver but I don't think he's had enough experience before coming into F1.

Drivers like all athletes are trained to think possessive. The world of competitive sport can bring you down if you are under performing and the media will be on you.
Its a bit like Politics really. Promise what you could never achieve and feel bad about it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%