Streamlabs OBS Settings

Hi drivers!

I am trying out too optimize my OBS settings for rFactor2 when streaming.

My PC spec: i7 7700
GTX 1050Ti
DDR4 16GB

Internet speed: Download 988 Mbs Upload 990 Mbs

What bitrate and encoder should I use and do I need to scale the video output?

Don´t know if this is the right place too post this :)

We might be able to answer your questions if you at least told us what service you intend to be using for streaming, and what resolution are you using.

(And I personally prefer standard OBS over SLOBS as it seems to have lower CPU usage for me and is also a bit more up to date, but I guess it's mostly a matter of preference.)

We might be able to answer your questions if you at least told us what service you intend to be using for streaming, and what resolution are you using.

(And I personally prefer standard OBS over SLOBS as it seems to have lower CPU usage for me and is also a bit more up to date, but I guess it's mostly a matter of preference.)

I am using SLOBS.
Streaming on MIXER
My base resolution is 1920x1080.
I have now scaled the output to 720p and 4500 Bitrate.
And I am using the Nvenc dont know if X264 is better?

Mixer supports bitrate of up to 10 kbps. And your internet should have no problem with that as well, so you might consider raising the bitrate, especially since racing games (fast movement) generally benefit from higher bitrates. Though I'm not sure how Mixer handles it on the client side, so you might still need to be a bit conservative there. Probably check some Mixer-specific discussions.

I also don't see any real reason to downscale to 720p, but I'm sure plenty of people will tell you otherwise. NVENC is fine, just be sure to never get more than 90 % GPU utilization, as the encoding in (SL)OBS needs about 10 % free to work smoothly. You could get a bit higher quality with CPU encoding, but also a lot higher CPU usage that IMO isn't worth it at all.

Mixer supports bitrate of up to 10 kbps. And your internet should have no problem with that as well, so you might consider raising the bitrate, especially since racing games (fast movement) generally benefit from higher bitrates. Though I'm not sure how Mixer handles it on the client side, so you might still need to be a bit conservative there. Probably check some Mixer-specific discussions.

I also don't see any real reason to downscale to 720p, but I'm sure plenty of people will tell you otherwise. NVENC is fine, just be sure to never get more than 90 % GPU utilization, as the encoding in (SL)OBS needs about 10 % free to work smoothly. You could get a bit higher quality with CPU encoding, but also a lot higher CPU usage that IMO isn't worth it at all.

Thanks mate much appreciated will test it out and see! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years