Streaming lag

I'm trying to livestream rFactor 2 with Open Broadcaster Software, but there is a lot, I mean a lot of lag! I've tried everything, turning the settings down, turning the graphics down, and still no luck. I tested it with rFactor 1 and it works without lagging with OBS fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do the following please.

Start all software (do not start the broadcast yet)
Right click on your task bar
Select Task manager
Click on tab Performance
Write down what your average CPU load is (just about), when NOT running stream on, but WITH the game running.

Next, click on Start Streaming on OBS.
check again, and look at the perfomance.

I suspect you are going over 85 / 90 % CPU load there. That causes your lag in the game. The computer can't do all the needed calculations to get you on track.

To optimize, play with the video encoder settings a bit.

Yup that's exactly what happens, I already tried that yesterday.

Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Do the following please.

Start all software (do not start the broadcast yet)
Right click on your task bar
Select Task manager
Click on tab Performance
Write down what your average CPU load is (just about), when NOT running stream on, but WITH the game running.

Next, click on Start Streaming on OBS.
check again, and look at the perfomance.

I suspect you are going over 85 / 90 % CPU load there. That causes your lag in the game. The computer can't do all the needed calculations to get you on track.

To optimize, play with the video encoder settings a bit.

So, what happens is that you overstress your computer. This causes rfactor2 to lower the number of physics calculations it makes, because it's denied time from the processor. And that causes the lag you see.

To avoid, start looking for the CPU eaters. Look in your task manager which processes require CPU, that you do not need. Close programs like FRAPS, SKYPE and all other you do not need when broadcasting.

I use a quadcore 3.4 with 12Gb of mem. It seldom reaches over 5,5 Gb of ram, but my CPU is what I need to watch constantly. I also noticed that the last update of OBC seems to require more CPU.

Ow, and mind that I am talking about your CPU, and not your GPU (Graphic Processor). Its CPU thats causing issues, not the graphic card.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%