Streaming Capture overlays in VR?

Hey everyone.. been an iracer for years.. streamed with no problem at all.. kapps, simracingapps, etc... but now that Ive tried ACC and the hassle and performance while streaming.. its set me off a little. I cannot seem to capture the overlay while racing with SLOBS/OBS... I can capture the oculus mirror or the steamvr mirror.. but OMG the frames are garbage and you can even race let alone watch. Im running an i9 9900k with a 2080ti... Please tell me Im not the only one with this issue.. LOL So if any of you are streamers using VR, could you please explain your setup/settings and any methods used to bring all the information to the viewers as such iraicng does? Thank you

Its just the HUD overlays are not rendered on the monitor when in VR mode where you'd capture to stream. I use SimHub to put data on the screen for my viewers to see though OBS. Can customise it to be iin line with your stream etc

A link to one of my past broadcasts that i reedited to add the TV broadcasts view when i uploaded to youtube so ignore that bit but you can see the car stats (under the tv broadcast video) and race times & map all updated in real time (thats a live stream using simhub)

Link to SimHub

Last edited:
Hey everyone.. been an iracer for years.. streamed with no problem at all.. kapps, simracingapps, etc... but now that Ive tried ACC and the hassle and performance while streaming.. its set me off a little. I cannot seem to capture the overlay while racing with SLOBS/OBS... I can capture the oculus mirror or the steamvr mirror.. but OMG the frames are garbage and you can even race let alone watch. Im running an i9 9900k with a 2080ti... Please tell me Im not the only one with this issue.. LOL So if any of you are streamers using VR, could you please explain your setup/settings and any methods used to bring all the information to the viewers as such iraicng does? Thank you
Did you figure this out ? Im having the same issue. I want to use the mirror app but frames are terrible !

When i try and do it from game cap, the scale is all wrong for some reason so people will only see the roof of the car which is really odd. Im at a bit of a loss with it !

Its just the HUD overlays are not rendered on the monitor when in VR mode where you'd capture to stream. I use SimHub to put data on the screen for my viewers to see though OBS. Can customise it to be iin line with your stream etc

A link to one of my past broadcasts that i reedited to add the TV broadcasts view when i uploaded to youtube so ignore that bit but you can see the car stats (under the tv broadcast video) and race times & map all updated in real time (thats a live stream using simhub)

Link to SimHub
May i ask if you have 2 PCs to view the external TV-camera to the stream? Looks really good!

Did you figure this out ? Im having the same issue. I want to use the mirror app but frames are terrible !

When i try and do it from game cap, the scale is all wrong for some reason so people will only see the roof of the car which is really odd. Im at a bit of a loss with it !
I had the same issue. One friend suggested Open-vr if you use steamvr or open-vr. If you are on Oculus try this:

I have not tried it yet but it looks promising.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%