Stream Deck plugin for Simhub

I know @Wotever wrote an amazing replacement for the Elgato Stream Deck software to turn it into a proper button box, but if you want to use your Stream Deck for multiple purposes I've made a plugin that will allow you to trigger any Simhub event using the SD with stock software. Just install the plugin, give your new button a name and press that button while in the "Controls and Events" section when creating or editing a trigger. That's it, nothing fancy but means you can now have a dedicated Sim profile while also using all of the other Stream Deck functionality.
http://www.baptiewright.com/streamdeck/com.baptiewright.simhub.streamDeckPlugin

@Chimaera Can you add something opposite? Take out telemetry from simhub and display in buttons? i.e. speed and revs, and lap time. Two versions: 1) each value one button, 2) each button single digit that speed takes 3 buttons. And the last feature is splitting the image into parts to display racing flags.

Upvote 0
@Chimaera Can you add something opposite? Take out telemetry from simhub and display in buttons? i.e. speed and revs, and lap time. Two versions: 1) each value one button, 2) each button single digit that speed takes 3 buttons. And the last feature is splitting the image into parts to display racing flags.

Theoretically, since SimHub can be used as a UDP telemetry source. However, I currently don’t have a way to get a UDP stream in to my plugin because it’s written in pure JavaScript. I will page @Wotever and see if he can provide me with some more functions in the API like a single variable query that just returns the current value. Then I could at least do some of this. I like the flag idea, I haven’t done anything that takes over multiple buttons yet.

Upvote 0
Hi guys! Is the plug-in still working?

I am trying to use but simhub doesn't recognized the button pressed even after naming it.

Edit: understood the issue. It doesn't work if it is within a folder.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Old thread, but does this act as a joystick button that a game would recognise? I see it appear in simhub...can simhub in turn trigger a vjoy button? I'm trying to achieve this without erasing the orginal Stream Deck software, as I also like the keyboard functionality. Basically It'd be cool if it could combine the ease of your plugin with being able to trigger a virtual joystick button.

Upvote 0
Theoretically, since SimHub can be used as a UDP telemetry source. However, I currently don’t have a way to get a UDP stream in to my plugin because it’s written in pure JavaScript. I will page @Wotever and see if he can provide me with some more functions in the API like a single variable query that just returns the current value. Then I could at least do some of this. I like the flag idea, I haven’t done anything that takes over multiple buttons yet.
Hi there, just wondering if you heard anything back from @Wotever ?
A luminrank SD will be really cool!

Upvote 0
Love this plugin. I would love to see the control setting, ie.. 85%, 60%, etc.. , viewable on the buttons. It is tough to adjust when there is no visible measure of the intensity of the setting. @Wotever

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't get the multi-switch to work to toggle all effects. I can assign the same button to only one of the switch states. It won't let me apply the same SimHub plugin button name to the opposite switch state. I assume the same button name is to be used for both ON and OFF states? Even after I get this working won't there be a nightmare trying to make sure the toggle isn't reversed, ON/ OFF, at times within SimHub? How do you maintain sync from the streamdeck button state to the state within SimHub?

Upvote 0
I know @Wotever wrote an amazing replacement for the Elgato Stream Deck software to turn it into a proper button box, but if you want to use your Stream Deck for multiple purposes I've made a plugin that will allow you to trigger any Simhub event using the SD with stock software. Just install the plugin, give your new button a name and press that button while in the "Controls and Events" section when creating or editing a trigger. That's it, nothing fancy but means you can now have a dedicated Sim profile while also using all of the other Stream Deck functionality.
http://www.baptiewright.com/streamdeck/com.baptiewright.simhub.streamDeckPlugin
Do You think is it possible to make something like this for Sim Racing Studio?

Upvote 0
Do You think is it possible to make something like this for Sim Racing Studio?
Thinking for the same since some time. Controlling motion effects with SD would be awesome.
Building such a plugin for SD schould be doable, problem is, I have no idea how to interact with SRS from an external application

Upvote 0
Thinking for the same since some time. Controlling motion effects with SD would be awesome.
Building such a plugin for SD schould be doable, problem is, I have no idea how to interact with SRS from an external application
im pretty sure guys from simracingstudio can help with this, but I know nothing about sd plugins making

Upvote 0
Hey there, I'm trying to use this plugin with Rfactor 2 to have the Ignition and Engine Start button linked to the actual state in game, because the traditionnal method of using multi switch on the stream deck app can be out of sycn with the real state of the button as soon as you ESC from Rfactor to menu.

So, can someone can help me with this ? Thanks

Upvote 0
Awesome community work! Is this still live and kept up to date (working with the latest version of simhub?. Is the link in 1st post the correct one? Is this the plug-in or are there alternatives/replacements? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Just started using this plug-in on my SD and really grateful for the additional functions it will provide.
One question though…. Is possible to remove the green check mark that appears after the SD button has been pressed? It‘s annoying to say the least.

Attachments

• IMG_5147.jpeg
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%