F1 2011 Stray bird

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Right, Not sure if it is a glitch with the game or if it was engineered into to the game for more realism. It happened a couple of days ago and I thought nothing of it at the time but the more I think about it the more it boggles my mind. So Im at Melbourne, Im on the mini straight before turn 13 an a bird flies down and almost hits me on my crash helmet(by the way im in the middle of the race, not practice or quali). Has this happened to any1 else?

Right, Not sure if it is a glitch with the game or if it was engineered into to the game for more realism. It happened a couple of days ago and I thought nothing of it at the time but the more I think about it the more it boggles my mind. So Im at Melbourne, Im on the mini straight before turn 13 an a bird flies down and almost hits me on my crash helmet(by the way im in the middle of the race, not practice or quali). Has this happened to any1 else?

Ive had to swerve around a stray elephant at India.

Now I'm going to have to go look for that bird! That would be quite cool if they brought it in for realism :)

Well its not like the could bring it in by mistake!

I do like the attention to detail in this game with birds, leaves and wind noise. Shame about the attention to detail in some more crucial areas though.

i forget the exact file - but in one ofI think its the generic file, either way in the file there are graphic files for a bird, leaves, helicopter (which almost caused me to wreck because i was trying to read the side :lol:) and 747.

all those things that are in the sky above the track... i havent seen the airplane yet, but have seen the helicopter (the most in melbourne) as well as the leaves a lot, and birds.

Haha how cool would it be to have a repeat of Japan from 2010 (real season) the torrent of rain and the birds sitting on the track.
DC saw a Red tipped Blackbird on the track and called it exactly that?
I think he has a secret hobby?

RedBull and the Mclaren team made little boats and sailed them down the PIT lane.....Haha, The redbull team made theirs from Redbull drinks cans and stuck a little sail on it.

I had this bird come at me on the way into t7 at Turkey in career mode lol, anyone seen that vid of a bird smashing into the windscreen of a ?cossie at Bruntingthorpe at 160+mph, imagine that on your head lol, ouch.

How do you hear wind? All I hear are engine notes.
On PS3 version i use the cam just above the drivers helmet, TV Pod i belive is called. This way not only i hear the wind, but tyres aswell if i lock the breaks or if i am starting to lose grip. Even the wing is heard when pressing DRS button which kinda confused me 1st few times till i figured out what it was :rolleyes:. Dont care much for cockpit view because i find the driver covering alot of the road while turning, those guys seem to have boxers fists :p

How do you hear wind? All I hear are engine notes.

I have found you hear the wind when you do some (minor) damage to your front wing (a common occurence for me). The Aero is compromised and you get a slight wind whistling noise.

As far as the birds, Australia is renowned for it's flying fauna ! So that's great if CM have recognised things like that. :)
The birds i like the best are the double breasted blonde,red and brunette haired ones...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back