Strange wheelgun noises coming from the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
when in the pits there is a loud "ker chunk ker chunk" sounds a bit like an old knacked pump. i can also hear it near the top of the mountain :(

have reinstalled rF as i`m getting odd noises else where to, but just tried the Lupo`s again an its the same, turning the sound affects down helps a bit.

anyone else hearing this?

See post #7 for fix

Yeah I've noticed that noise - mostly on the Nordschleife & Lemans - and (I think) when it's dark or getting dark. It reminds me of somebody waving a very big, metal, football rattle in the air. :D

I'm guessing if we knew what the sound file was called, and where it was, we could replace it with a blank file?

Yes indeed i do know what the problem is

The file C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Sounds\Ambient\fans_normal_1.wav has become a renamed copy of one of the wheelgun noises which is why you get this strange rattling from parts of the crowd.

To fix it you need to get a proper fans noise back into that folder and name it fans_normal_1.wav

I found one in the further subfolder for a mod which had a ambiant folder of its own. I did try to upload my fans_normal_1.wav here but its an invalid file type and far to big for the forum unfortunatly.

Nice one Daniel :) That finally explains it for me too! I noticed it first in one of Gaz' movies of Lemans and wondered what it was untill it happend to me as well during races. I thought some angry pitcrew guys were chasing me because i have wrecked the car too many times!

Thanks for the help (/me pushed thank you button :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back