Strange transparent track effect

there is a strange effect that is make me crazy.
For some reason the track is transparent in some sectors. (watching by rear mirror on car inside)
I made a test track ( 8 Km ) and the track material is tarmac from default Xpack, very, very basic without terrain and run in Rfactor in race mode, in order to reproduce the bug. (launch in race mode because the track have no terrain)
Is the same, a track sector was transparent.

I isolated the problem deleting objects and terrain in my main project to arrive at the most basic in the test track, and nothing else

If somebody want to corroborate , please feel free to download the test track ( 7 mb) ( http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPA0DBSG )

CPU= DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2600 MHz (13 x 200) 5000+
VIDEO=XFX GeForce 9400 GT (1Gb)

Working in 1028 X 768 32 Bit (All settings to max quality)

I downloaded the track, but it won't open in BTB - I get an 'Unable to read beyond the end of the stream' error message.

Not seen that one before . . .

Edit: On second thoughts, the error may be because I'm still using 0.7.0.6 . . .

Attachments

• fsscr064.jpg
    fsscr064.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 197
I have the same issue with some tracks, I havn't isolated the problem nor is it consistant from track to track, but once it shows up in a section it does not go away by replacing surfaces.

Yes!!!, is a random problem. May be Piddy is aware of that issue

As I explain in the beggining when isolated the problem to the minimal expression, the question evident is the track surface handle

Well, we ll wait for the solution

I've also had problems with this off and on. The common thing that I would be editing are the timing planes on point to point tracks. Usually I would rebuild the timing gmts and that would help. Odd thing is that it is usually the tarmac AND the terrain, both having unique material and texture names. Because of that I have a feeling it has something to do with HAT objects. BUT deleting and rebuilding the HAT makes no difference. Yes, yes very annoying indeed.

there is a strange effect that is make me crazy.
For some reason the track is transparent in some sectors. (watching by rear mirror on car inside)
I made a test track ( 8 Km ) and the track material is tarmac from default Xpack, very, very basic without terrain and run in Rfactor in race mode, in order to reproduce the bug. (launch in race mode because the track have no terrain)
Is the same, a track sector was transparent....

Your track has only one Surface, add more that Set the Material and it will work ok.

In BTB Tracks are broken into one GMT (an rFactor file) for each Surface that sets a Material. The LOD setting for each piece is determined by the size of the piece + 1000 meters.

For some reason I think the LOD Out values for rFactor's mirrors is a percentage of the values set in each GMT; probably in order to increase frame rates. This would make good sense because objects in your mirror get reduced to one pixel in less distance than your forward looking view.

This only becomes a problem when your track pieces are very big.

Also, as a side note, you should recenter your track to be closer to the middle of the BTB world. Your track is offset to the side by 12kms.

Your track has only one Surface, add more that Set the Material and it will work ok.

In BTB Tracks are broken into one GMT (an rFactor file) for each Surface that sets a Material. The LOD setting for each piece is determined by the size of the piece + 1000 meters.

For some reason I think the LOD Out values for rFactor's mirrors is a percentage of the values set in each GMT; probably in order to increase frame rates. This would make good sense because objects in your mirror get reduced to one pixel in less distance than your forward looking view.

This only becomes a problem when your track pieces are very big.

Also, as a side note, you should recenter your track to be closer to the middle of the BTB world. Your track is offset to the side by 12kms.

It works!!!!!!!!:that:
Thanks Piddy, ( the track that I sent to you was just an example. )

May be BTB could export tracks in small GMT pieces by default, something like a percentage of total length to avoid this effect

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back