strange lap times

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Tobias Liesaus, May 16, 2014.

1. Tobias Liesaus

Tobias Liesaus

Ratings:
    +35
    Hello. sometimes Assetto Corsa makes me wonder if anything is ok with laptimes? i drove the McLaren MP4 GT3 at Nürburgring and i struggeld to get to 2.05. Yesterday i drove 2.01 times with ease!

how can this 4 seconds difference be explained?

2. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium

Ratings:
    +485
    Through practise :roflmao:

3. Tobias Liesaus

Tobias Liesaus

Ratings:
    +35
    4 seconds from one session to another? through practice 1 second is ok, but this much? i will try out this combo again...

4. Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Ratings:
    +7
    4 seconds is a lot. I have some hotlaps where I wonder how I did so good. I'll be driving the same car, same setup, and watch the ghost car just pull away and pull away....

5. Colin Heys

Colin Heys

Ratings:
    +2
    I think sometimes you just nail it. An extra couple of perfect corners can shave a few seconds off.

6. Travis Wilber

Travis Wilber

Ratings:
    +3
    I had some similar issues, after the 0.9.10 update. I felt like the cars were all way more tail-happy than before. The MP4-12C GT3 for example, was literally throwing itself into a spin in a lot of corners at Imola. I had no time at all to correct, when I'm usually decent at catching the car.

I'm not sure if it's me, and just a coincidence that it happened after the update, or the game itself. All I know is what I felt.

7. Vincent Buccarello

Vincent Buccarello

Ratings:
    +34
    Use the Pedals App, with my Clubsport pedals it happens sometimes that the throttle pedal will not go to 100% or sometimes the brake is applied by a very small amount. After disconnecting them from USB and connecting them again everything is fine.

8. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium

Ratings:
    +663
    Well you brought to light a very good point vincent ! since 0.9 update i noticed this as well ! my throttle pedal was sometimes not reaching 100 % , i thought it was my g27 pedal bugging again,so i monitored them for like 5 mins in the profiler but it was fine ! maybe some new bug ?