Strange ffb on osw direct drive

After update to Simucube from mmos the ffb has change alot.
When I hit the curbes,the ffb is gone/no resistance or bump feel at all. But when iam getting on the road again the resistance and ffb is back. Why?

How did those settings feel?
I must admit that RRRE is giving me a buttache. There is always some kind of glitch. Recently I noticed I have problems with mouse pointer. If I want to change anything in the setup or menu I need to take off my VR headset and do it on the computer monitor.

As far as FFB - meh, it is far from being perfect. It either oscillates, or have some pendulum effect left right so it is difficult to keep it straight. Whenever I go over curbs it seems like is was aquaplaning or slipping or similar disconnected feeling from the asphalt, and the wheel seems to turn during the time of being on the curb. i spent too many hours to set it up and my family hates me for it.
FYI - I put exactly the same values as Vantskruv suggested

I must admit that RRRE is giving me a buttache. There is always some kind of glitch. Recently I noticed I have problems with mouse pointer. If I want to change anything in the setup or menu I need to take off my VR headset and do it on the computer monitor.

As far as FFB - meh, it is far from being perfect. It either oscillates, or have some pendulum effect left right so it is difficult to keep it straight. Whenever I go over curbs it seems like is was aquaplaning or slipping or similar disconnected feeling from the asphalt, and the wheel seems to turn during the time of being on the curb. i spent too many hours to set it up and my family hates me for it.
FYI - I put exactly the same values as Vantskruv suggested

I have the exact same feelings towards RRRE I have tried and tried and tried.

I love the car roster, I love the tracks, I love many things about however the FFB is just pure garbage.

I even have an issue with lag between my wheel and the wheel on the screen. Just bizarre.

It could have easily been my favourite sim, but FFB is a deal breaker.

Thanks for getting back to me and please tell me if you find the 'Golden Bullet.

A

Strange, I love the feeling in R3E, the FFB is awesome. :(
But I guess it is a matter of taste. :D
Think it's more a consequence of what hardware you are using, I use a TM TX300 and the FFB feeling is fantastic, better than I can get from a lot of other Sims. DD wheels seem to have a mixed bag of opinions amongst users in RR, some love, some hate, I recommend the haters contact the lovers and share a bit of information (which of course some above have done) as some are missing out on a great Sim.
Have no DD experience (unfortunately), live miles from any chance of getting a try even, so until someone buy's the DD wheel I want, posts how fantastic it is and here is how you make it feel amazing, I'll stick with a rubber band that actually produces a fair representation of driving a car swiftly into the Armco!
Seeing as S3 are slowly turning RR into a bona fide racing simulator, it would be nice to add all hardware profiles asap, of course I don't think we should expect S3 to have to purchase every piece of hardware ever produced, makes far more sense that the Hardware comes already tuned to every Sim. A developer would surely make available the latest beta (non disclosure a given) to make this so. So unless developers are refusing to allow hardware companies to modify the appropriate code themselves, buck ends with the hardware manufacturer for not supplying their equipment fully configured for contemporary Sims.
So guess it's a case of knowing who's not doing all they could do to achieve the prescribed goal, tiz one or tother!

After many trials and errors I found nearly perfect settings. It is not as good as rFactor 2 DD feeling, but it good enough to have fun on the track. The whole game is more like simcade than simulator, but I can live with that recalling times when Gran Turismo 5 or Shift on PS3 were my favorites.

Here are my settings:

General force feedback settings:
Force feedback: on
Inverted force feedback: off
Gamepad rumble: off
Force feedback intensity: 50%
Smoothing: 0%
Force feedback spring: 0%
Force feedback damper: 0%

Steering force settings:
Steering force intensity: 100%
Force feedback minimum force: 0%
Understeer: 100%
Vertical force: 100%
Lateral force: 100%
Steering rack: 0%

Force feedback effect settings:

Slip effect: 25%
Engine vibrations: 0%
Kerb vibrations: 50% - and it is very important to set in profile RCS file such values:
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.5"
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.5" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.0" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip.

Shift effect: 50%
Collision effect: 0%

Simucube settings are as follows:

General settings
Steering range: 900
Bump stop range: -20
Overall strength: 100%
(Actual max current is 25A for my Big Mige)

Filters on IONI drive
Simucube Force Reconstruction Filter: 3
Torque bandwith limit: Unlimited
Center Frequency Hz: Filter disabled
Damping: 1%
Friction: 1%
Inertia: 2.5%

Direct Input Effects
Friction: 75%
Damping: 0%
Spring: 0%
Sine Wave: 125%
Square Wave: 0%
Sawtooth: 0%
Triangle: 0%

The Hardware Setup Tab
Bumpstop Effect Enabled: Checked
Bumpstop maximum strength: 100%
Bumpstop effect ramp range: 10%
Bumpstop damping effect: 50%

For reference:
My maximum motor current is 25A
My encoder counts per revolution is 40000

After 3 days of struggling and family hate for being in my man's cave for such a long time I successfully discovered RRRE. I spent so much time finding best possible FFB for my SimuCube wheel and must admit that RRRE seems to be very GranTurismo5 like or Shift like - hope you are getting my point. AI is slow and timid at this stage of my experience. And as I like to have choice I will joggle among 4 titles according to my taste and feeling. rF2 crashes me with its AI. AC is pretty fun to compete against. iR is for real challenge
8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif

Thank you all for your support. Hope my settings help others because RRRE is a great title worth spending time for fun

I love R3E because of the tracks and the cars, and vibes from GTR2. I have tried iRacing, but I did not like the FFB (but that is because I didn't spare any time setting it up thoroughly), and the main cause I do not race iRacing is because of the vibes of racing is missing for me and that it is expensive, hence I do not feel the smell of burnt tires and fuel fumes. :D

I have adapted to, and really like my FFB settings in R3E now, and when I can I race with SRS on R3E once a week. Popular races there may have 20-70 people joining. Also there are several closed communities which you can join, and which arranges password-protected online race-events. It is a bigger hassle though.

Thanks for your setup @TPS , I will try your settings and compare to mine. :)

Hallo again
As I am a bit tired of changing settings and struggle a bit with such wheel oscillation - the faster I go the stronger it gets. Please watch the embedded yt video, just to show you what I mean, because am not able to find proper video from any sim, but I hope you are getting my point. It of course happens when I drive, not in the pits. Which setting (in game or in SimuCube) should I change to stop it?

Hallo again
As I am a bit tired of changing settings and struggle a bit with such wheel oscillation - the faster I go the stronger it gets. Please watch the embedded yt video, just to show you what I mean, because am not able to find proper video from any sim, but I hope you are getting my point. It of course happens when I drive, not in the pits. Which setting (in game or in SimuCube) should I change to stop it?
Play around with the FFB Minimum Force slider.

I wonder if the recent update also included some changes of the FFB. I have not raced for a week and half, and yesterday I updated R3E and started it, the FFB felt different, and I think also it felt better than previous.
I am glad @TPS that you are satisfied. :)

After the update I noticed some video changes in terms of stability of FPS, but it might me coincidental , because I tweaked video settings so much that I got lost myself. FFB is very, very good now - I did not change anything in my settings apart from vertical forces due to difficult to control oscillation. It may sound crazy, but I do not feel much of a difference in Caddy in iR and RRRE. The latter has much better audio.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back