Strange ffb on osw direct drive

After update to Simucube from mmos the ffb has change alot.
When I hit the curbes,the ffb is gone/no resistance or bump feel at all. But when iam getting on the road again the resistance and ffb is back. Why?

Raceroom broke the ffb for direct drive wheels with their last update. It’s been almost two weeks and it’s still it fixed.

You can do a work around by hitting the “R” button for reply and then again to get back into the game.

Perhaps this also explains my problem with FFB. I returned to RRRE yesterday after a long time away when I picked up 5 new tracks and Formula X car. Using an AccuForce wheel and the FFB used to be quite nice, but now it is goddamn awful and undriveable. Just feels slippery and oscillates slightly around the center with the road feel all wrong like they seriously changed how the waveform creating the FFB is used.

Hope they come up with solution but I guess as there are not too many people using my wheel in RaceRoom it may not get much attention. If anyone has found a solution or work around please share.

Using a large mige and Simucube. Applying the settings of Skeijmel (
), and setting the smoothing on 20% and the dampening on 35% it’s drivable. But still no roadfeel. Was better on my T300. However AC feels incredible. Indeed hope sector3 can catch up with the FFB.

Strangely though when I increased the slip effect to above 0% I got back some of what I perceive as roadnoise. Although there doesn’t seem to be a corrrelation with the road such as in RF2 and AMS.

As you are using SimuCube try adjusting 'Sine wave effects' in the the 'DirectInput Effect settings.'

Increase it to 120% - 125% and see if you get any road feel. Leave all other effects on zero.

Good luck!

Could you post a screenshot or even better share your controller settings file?

I'm the S3 physics developer by the way, so this is very much in my interests.
Here it is, I did increase the sine wave effects, but that alone didn't bring back what I percieve as roadnoise, when I increased the slip effect to above 0% I got back some of what I perceive as roadnoise. See enclosed my rcs file. For the record I've got a small mige.

Attachments

• SimuCUBE-c.rcs
    33.5 KB · Views: 308
I've noticed some looseness around center with some cars and added a bit of FFB Center-effect in RR to help. It seems to solve that but, I also have to increase dampening with new FWD cars as the traction-loss effect is excessive at times. Reducing the per-car FFB can also help tame the extremes between grip and traction-loss pretty effectively.

Update: turning Steering-Rack effects off did solve much of the abrupt nature during traction loss events but, there remains a tendency to have some notchy feeling around center. A small amount of Center-spring, increased smoothing or dampening might help but, I need to do more testing to find the best method to be used.

Reconstruction-filter at 3 in SimuCube does produce a nice rubbery quality in FFB for me too but, there remains a lack of fine surface detail in general. As far as I can tell, such effects simply don't come through with the OSW at this time.

Last edited:
Let me a little hijack this thread. I have Big Mige and followed this guide to setup my SimuCube setting for R3E but it is still undriveable. AC, rF2 and ir work perfect though.
My biggest problem is to what range I should set steering wheel. According to the guide, I should do the same as for rF2, every car has its own specific wheel range and it should be set in SimuCube.
Where can I find such info about cars' wheel range in Raceroom?

@TPS
I am not sure which range the cars have in reality, but I have been driving around with the GT cars with 540 degrees set, I think for the older cars the more range it is, and for F1 cars it may be less, i.e. 360 degrees.
Anyway, I am satisfied with 540 degrees
And tuning up the steering lock up makes a real difference for me.

My R3E ingame settings are as follows:
General force feedback settings:
Force feedback: on
Inverted force feedback: off
Gamepad rumble: off
Force feedback intensity: 60%
Smoothing: 10%
Force feedback spring: 0%
Force feedback damper: 25%

Steering force settings:
Steering force intensity: 80%
Force feedback minimum force: 0%
Understeer: 50%
Vertical force: 50%
Lateral force: 50%
Steering rack: 80%

Force feedback effect settings:

Slip effect: 65%
Engine vibrations: 5%
Kerb vibrations: 25%
Shift effect: 50%
Collision effect: 0%

Simucube settings are as follows:

General settings
Steering range: 540
Bump stop range: 0
Overall strength: 100%
(Actual max current is 12A for my setup)

Filters on IONI drive
Simucube Force Reconstruction Filter: 5
Torque bandwith limit: Unlimited
Center Frequency Hz: Filter disabled
Damping: 0%
Friction: 0%
Inertia: 0%

Direct Input Effects
Friction: 0%
Damping: 0%
Spring: 0%
Sine Wave: 122%