F1 2011 Strange blur effecting front wings and sides of car.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, i have noticed a weird kind of blur forming around the front wings of the AI, it's only visible when i look behind me at them, when they are in front there is no strange blur at all.

Has anyone experienced this issue.

Cheers all.

Hi guys, no it's not the heat effect this is the best way i can describe it, the front wing on all cars except mine appear like they are blurring and flashing upwards when we are racing, at a standstill all is fine. This only seems to happen when viewing them from behind me. It's really annoying to tell the truth. I will try and take a pic of it in action.

I don't race online anymore Paul so i cannot say it happens there or not mate.

Cheers all and thanks so far.

Here is a pic of the issue, the best shot i could get of it. When in motion this issue is far more glaring.

672Wing_blur_problem.jpg

Cheers.

Maybe they concentrate graphic rendering power (textures etc.) to what is in front of you, rather than what's behind, as it's not a view used for long time periods. The less processing power used for the rear view enables more to be used elsewhere.

A bit like FPS games, where there is no point in rendering the inside of a building, unless you are inside it yourself, or have line of sight into the building through a door or window (portals).

This is purely a guess ..... for all I know it could be just a coding error, or deemed as not important.

I often have a well known Swedish RDer behind me (well he is always behind me actually) and ive not seen his wing doing that, but I will definitely be looking out for it now and will update if I notice it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 317 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%