Strange behaviour with Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel in rf2

Posting here since i'm not sure if this is a problem in just rf2 or other sims as well. I've had an issue with the cockpit cam angle/position moving to weird positions using the new Fanatec McLaren wheel with a CSW 2 wheelbase. This happened so far only in rf2 and when i switch to another wheel everything's back to normal. If someone who's got the wheel could check it would be great. Just wanting to make sure that the issue isn't with my wheel, but rather something to do with the sim not yet supporting the wheel. Thanks!

I guess i found a solution to this, so if you're experiencing something similar, here's what fixed it for me:

Load the default controller profile "Fanatec CSW v2", tweak the settings as needed and save to whatever name you wish.

The first time around i just loaded a perfectly working controller profile (for the formula rim) i had saved before and tweaked that, but got those strange camera issues as described. This happened only in rf2. The other sims i tried worked right away (AC, R3E, AMS).

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue in Automobilista; When I first got on track with my Mclaren wheel the driver was stuck looking to the right...Here are my suggestions:

1) you most likely had a view or cockpit adjustment button mapped to something on the wheel. Check all the view/camera/cockpit button mappings in rF2 and make sure they're not mapped to the wheel.

2) The other thing that might be causing the problem is the 12-position rotary dials. By default they are set to 12 position mode (each position on the dial is a button that is always on, so the wheel will be constantly pushing whatever button the rotary dials are set to)...go into the Fanatec wheel settings page with the Mclaren rim connected (AKA Windows' game controller settings) and under one of the tabs there is an option to change the rotary dial to one of 3 modes: 12-position (default), 11-position (position 1 is OFF, all other positions are buttons) and disabled. I'm at work so I don't have a screenshot to show you.

3) The last thing that might cause an issue is the clutch mode; setting it to Mode A (Clutch bite point) is your safest bet. The other modes might trigger a joystick axis used to look around the cockpit, thus causing your problem.

You should, as a precaution, always make a new profile for each rim you use, as the buttons usually don't line up

Upvote 0
Im having 6th gear not show up on the wheel in rF2 , it will go through gears and select 6th in game but shows N on the wheel ! Anyone else have this ? Its only rF2 thats doing this , i tested AC and pC2 and both them show 6th like normal and its any and every car in rF2 doing this , even if i use my H pattern , 6th gear shows as N on wheel !

Upvote 0
Mine does this, not exactly but with some gears. But I am running the OSW conversion kit, and I have to use Fanaleds or SLIMAx Manager to get the gears to work properly. It still does it with those programs. I haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet. Native support seems to be hit and miss in AC at least. I spend most of my time there, I will have to run the others and try form a pattern.

Upvote 0
Im having 6th gear not show up on the wheel in rF2 , it will go through gears and select 6th in game but shows N on the wheel ! Anyone else have this ? Its only rF2 thats doing this , i tested AC and pC2 and both them show 6th like normal and its any and every car in rF2 doing this , even if i use my H pattern , 6th gear shows as N on wheel !

Hmm that’s weird, never happened to me before (played rF2 a few days back and 6th showed up fine). I use FanaLEDs so I don’t know if that made a difference.

I have a separate issue with mine (funkyswitch not changing values when rotated), so I have a replacement on the way...really hope the new one doesn’t have the gear issue :thumbsdown:

Upvote 0
As a comment to my original post regarding the cockpit camera issue when using the Fanatec McLaren wheel, i found that changing the Multi-position switch setting (in the Fanatec driver settings) to either Active - 11 positions (position 1=OFF) or Deactivated will fix the problem in rF2.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back