Strange behaviour of WTCC on Macau?

May 15, 2007
249
0
42
Hi there,

2 weeks ago I was practicing macau in my seat. I was running low 2.36's.
This week I restarted practicing, but somehow I couldn't get below 2.38.5.
I think I ran around 50-60 laps over 2 days, not below 2.38.5.

I thought, where are my 2 seconds? I tried to switch to another server, I tried 'offline' to see if there was some problem. Nothing to be found.

Today I logged in to the RPM Tournament server to drive on macau again. My first timed lap is a 2.35.500. Driving style the same, setup the same, fuel level same. The obvious things I checked off course.

Does anybody recognize this behaviour? Anybody has an explanation?

Thanks for any help!
 

Robert Wiesenmüller

RaceRoom eMotorsports Manager
Jan 4, 2007
2,724
743
30
ehm strange, but somehow it's similar to me.
Offline I drive, lets say 2:32. Maybe one 2:31, but then it has to be a real great lap.
On the RPM server I drive a good lap and have 2:30.

When you drive practise mode the track is more slippery than in qualifying. Maybe offline racing counts as 'practise' when you drive time attack?
But then I wonder why it is only Macau.
 
May 15, 2007
249
0
42
Robbe said:
ehm strange, but somehow it's similar to me.
Offline I drive, lets say 2:32. Maybe one 2:31, but then it has to be a real great lap.
On the RPM server I drive a good lap and have 2:30.

When you drive practise mode the track is more slippery than in qualifying. Maybe offline racing counts as 'practise' when you drive time attack?
But then I wonder why it is only Macau.
i'm not sure its ony on macau, i just joined the tourney in valencia, so have not much experience online. I just added macau to get attention because of the tournament round.

I now also found out that I may be the victim of the MOMO problem, trying some stuff now.

Does anybody have the same as me or robbe?
 

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff member
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
46,138
19,643
Nope, i must admit i barely drive offline (bores me after one lap) but the times i set there are faster then online.

About the momo problem (see the hardware and software forum - steeringwheel section) that is not causing drop in fps or what so ever! You suffered from the so called: "spiking". you can push full throttle but the pedals dont recognize it! Inside the momo topic is a patch you can download. If that doesnt work. Burn the thing and buy a G25 :)
 

Peter Eriksson

1000RPM
Jan 24, 2007
1,236
0
47
I have the same problem from time to time......but i think it has to do with bad day and good day and of course the temperature of the track.

During practise sessions i can never do any fast laps as in qualy for an example.
 
May 15, 2007
249
0
42
Bram said:
Nope, i must admit i barely drive offline (bores me after one lap) but the times i set there are faster then online.

About the momo problem (see the hardware and software forum - steeringwheel section) that is not causing drop in fps or what so ever! You suffered from the so called: "spiking". you can push full throttle but the pedals dont recognize it! Inside the momo topic is a patch you can download. If that doesnt work. Burn the thing and buy a G25 :)
Yes, yesterday I also found out I was suffering from spiking (and a slightly always braking issue). I did a quickfix yesterday night, but it seems to work as I immediately was 2,5seconds faster.
 
Dec 29, 2006
1,286
11
34
Hmm, I don't notice this at all.. I practiced offline quite a lot on Oschersleben and did 32.1-32.5 as my fastest laps. In the tournament quali my time was 32.3, so no difference for me :)
 
May 15, 2007
249
0
42
Sander H said:
Hmm, I don't notice this at all.. I practiced offline quite a lot on Oschersleben and did 32.1-32.5 as my fastest laps. In the tournament quali my time was 32.3, so no difference for me :)
Thats because you have a real racing aura, the aura of a turbonian creature. You're always fast ;)
 
K

KrrrrAsh

How do you think i feel, A clean install of game on new pc and was running2.25.346 and have run a 2.19.234 on line and then all of a sudden everyone saying that i am cheating and subsequently being kicked out of race and off server....Damn !
 

Maurice Hurkmans

RD Travel Expert
Dec 27, 2006
5,823
3
38
How do you think i feel, A clean install of game on new pc and was running2.25.346 and have run a 2.19.234 on line and then all of a sudden everyone saying that i am cheating and subsequently being kicked out of race and off server....Damn !
What topspeed do you achieve then on Macau, KrrrrAsh?
 
L

Lars Gerrit Korb

Personally, I take the races how they come :)
You can't do much wrong with this.. :)

Plus, I rather start from the midfield or from behind than in the top 5 positions.

Guess that's my hunter's nature :)

Greetz
 

Mikael Hellen

500RPM
Dec 29, 2006
601
0
46
2.19 on macau? if you are not cheating then i dont know why we dont see you in F1 on telly....with that skill no one would ever come close to beating you.Shumacher and the others would have to go and hide in the closet....pfff 2.19...only 8 sec faster than sai and sander...