Strange 'artifacts' on window dialogues

I don't want to hyjack Kennett's wip thread and I'm not sure if this is a direct relation to BTB itself hence it doesn't belong in the beta discussion, so I'll start a new thread. It caught my eye the strange 'artifact's' (i dunno the right word to use here, this picture explains it all) that appear on the window face in this picture Kennett posted.

http://i54.tinypic.com/ap7jps.jpg

I get similar things myself with BTB, I also get it when I'm saving dds files in photoshop cs4, but much worse, it greys out my entire screen. It's like the screen isn't refreshing itself. Updating video drivers doesnt fix it. I have a feeling it could be related to nvidia cards.
I have a GTX260, I now have win7 64 but I think it still did the same thing on XP (but I can't remember for sure :D)

I don't get it with simed and I don't get it with 3dmax. Which is weird, cause with photoshop I thought it to be opengl, but simed works fine, and with BTB I thought it to be directX, but 3dmax works fine. Maybe it's related to .net? I don't knwo if PS uses .net.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing and if so, what are your system specs?

Thanks in advance!

My system,
Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/19/2011, 13:40:12
   Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
       System Model: GA-790XTA-UD4
          Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
     Display Memory: 2668 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 877 MB
      Shared Memory: 1791 MB
     Driver Version: 8.17.12.7533
   Driver Date/Size: 5/25/2011 16:09:12, 15223912 bytes

OpenGL GPU Capabilities
- OpenGL Version: 3.3.0
- GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
- OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2

I don't want to take you on a wild goose chase with this Brendon, because I really don't think it is related to BTB. It would be interesting to see what Kennett has to say about his system and if anyone else has the same problem.

What I get is different to that screenshot, I more so have disappearing areas inside the window. But the issue I mainly get is with photoshop and saving dds. It just caught my eye when I saw that screenshot and thought to bring it up to see if anyone else has this problem.

I tried to reproduce it just now in btb and only got a small flicker, Here is a short uncompressed video straight out of cam studio, it shows the flickering, but it's probably not much to go by.
http://3rdgearmotorsports.com/files/btb654.rar

I mainly start seeing this sort of thing when my system is under heavy load and hot. It has to be something to do with the way the screen is refreshed, which could be many things, including an old tired video card. It could even be an issue with the ram, ie,, how win7 uses system ram as video ram, if I have a big project open in any app, or many apps open, it could possibly cause an issue where ram isn't available for video when needed.
I have seen others post about the photoshop problem in other forums on the web, but no one has come up with a solution yet.

So yeah, I think it's more of a general running of things issue.

My screen always has a huge screen refresh delay when switching in and out of the program. The screenshot was taken during that delay.. I don't have anything else weird going, nothing like that in the video. The refresh delay when switching for ex in Alpine Hills is something like 5-10 seconds.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back