F1 2011 Strange AI times in Hungary?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello fellow racers!

I'm still in my first career season, driving for Team Lotus (no assists, long weekends, 50% Race length, Professional AI). These settings were quite challenging for me, I managed to reach most objectives. On most tracks, I am 1-1.5 seconds faster per lap than Trulli (my team mate), so I guess once I am in a competetive car, I'll change the AI difficulty to Legend.
On some tracks though, the AI is pretty slow/careful (nothing new, I know), namely Monaco and Valencia (and Singapore, I guess - haven't driven there yet).
But I just arrived at the Hungaroring and during P1 I was able to post lap times just barely a second slower than the Tier 1 teams without even using the Option tyres.. I am around 4 seconds faster than Trulli. It's easier than on the street circuits for me.
Hungary is a track I like and know quite well, but it can't be that well. The fastest AI times I've seen in P1 are high 1:20, low 1:21 - are you getting roughly the same times? I modded my database file (before starting the season!), so I don't know if I messed something up. But it seems strange to only occur on one track, I think I only modded "overall" values.

Additional notes: I never used springs higher than 7/7, and times were not simulated, I didn't crash or accelerate time or use "back to garage" or "flying lap".

I'm on my first season too, and i'm using the same AI setup driving for Virgin. I'm having a similar issue on the Korean Gp, for some reason my humble Virgin car is able to keep up with the best teams whereas on most other tracks i'm 3-4 secs behind.

dude Hungary is easy to get Pole in LEGEND AI. :S. practice practice practice man. + Hungary is y fav track, just run a good hi well balance downforce and just know the corners...sort of like a Monaco.

It is not my goal to get Pole Position in a Lotus in my first season.. And yeah, I have a quite nice setup.
My point is that the AI is really slow compared to the other tracks (even slower than @ Monaco), based on my performance.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%