Cars Straight Corsa Pro Mod

***All Updates, except major ones will be in the replies only***

A Project i started due to my recent interest in NHRA Drag racing (especially Pro Mod).
Since I'm a b*tch for detail and - thanks to my german nature i guess - my love for overengineering things I'm creating this model to the last detail there is.

I created the chassis with the NHRA SFI 25.1 in mind and everything has the correct size, hell, even the tubes have the correct diameters to spec. Hit me with a sandbag already.

I finished the Proline 520 Hemi today (except the turbos and exhaust)
The Body, most of the Body mounts and dozens of small parts are also finished, but I'm not keen on showing that yet.

Current (shown) progress

Overview with parts of the body:

Last edited:
Love the detail.

Out of curiosity what are you modeling this in? With the edge lines it looks more like a CAD system than a polygon modeler.

This is amazing however this will be almost unusable in game because that poly count will be insane. Also uv unwrapping that will take ages lol but more power to you!

Reactions: CC
This is basically all for research purposes and mainly for my own. There will be a low poly count LOD model aswell. Since ACs damage model doesn't support any body parts that get blasted off there is no need to model all of the stuff that is under said body parts to this extent. But I'm sure you guys already know that. I just love modelling the technical parts so this basically just feeds my own needs.

This is basically all for research purposes and mainly for my own... But I'm sure you guys already know that. I just love modelling the technical parts so this basically just feeds my own needs.
You and me are alike in that aspect :D

You may need to team up with a physic guru to get your Pro mod tires right

This is basically all for research purposes and mainly for my own. There will be a low poly count LOD model aswell. Since ACs damage model doesn't support any body parts that get blasted off there is no need to model all of the stuff that is under said body parts to this extent. But I'm sure you guys already know that. I just love modelling the technical parts so this basically just feeds my own needs.
Yeah the sheer workload involved with CAD models is just mind blowing the mesh geometry is just out of control,
looking at that model above to make a game ready LOD_A would take a month optimizing it and still would look like crap, the UV is another story altogether, all that model is good for is modelling around it,
if someone asked me to turn that into a mod would be a fast no,
looks fantastic good luck with the project. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%