stop seeing others car during race

This doesnt happen all the time but did happen in my last 2 RD races so its getting really anoying

Sometimes i dont see others car when join the grid ... but last time i stoped seeing cars during the race
People tell me to press "+" and "-" on keypad but my keyboard doesnt have a keypad:confused:

What is causing this? is it a graphics issue? does everyone have it?

I have a Asus HD6850 and full graphic options in race 07 ...

Sometimes this is caused by entering a race in the last few seconds but I've had it happen when joining early.

How do you like your 6850?

Its weard ... maybe its the connection to the server that is weak? ... when the cars dissapeared they were like blinking ... coming and going ... and then just ... empty ... and then ... 10 seconds after quitting the race i just lost connection and couldnt start race2

Im pretty happy with the HD6850 ... i cant compare to others cause this is the only one i had until now .. but i can play every racing sims i want until now with full graphics in a 22" monitor (1680*1050)... only in iRacing i get some lag (low FPS) in some Suzuka corners ... but not much ...

Yes ... it was in retro race and i also lost connection once before qualifying ... but the ping was around 80 when i rejoined with 10 drivers already connected ... and now that i think about it the same happenned in last thursday in retro cool race (couldnt see anyone on the grid on 2nd race) ... humm ... maybe retro cars dont like me ...

My internet connection is good (29.9 Mbps download speed and 3.4 Mbps upload speed) and i allways get a good ping

Surely connection problems ;)
Cars don't drive for a small while and then disappear, surely a connection problems ;)
The + and - on your numpad are for toggeling cars while driving, then you will see other cars

I have had it as well once or twice. When I had this issue, it was because I was disconnected from the game, and couldn't see anyone anymore. Could drive, but as soon as I went back to garage, it stopped, and I got the official notification of disconnection.

In regards of the + and -, try to look in the control mappings for the show cars function. Pretty sure it's there somewhere, so you can remap the keys to keys which ARE present on your keyboard. ;)

+1 to what Marco just said... everytime I have had this issue during a race it has been due to connectivity issues. It is very frustrating especially as it only ever seems to happen towards the end of a long race when you are in a very enjoyable battle!

Sometimes I have had it happen where all cars dissapear for a few seconds, then re appear and then drop again, and when you return to garage it confirms you have lost connection.

Starting grid disappearance is actually common bug. From the top of my head this year i've had 4 races where i couldn't see anyone, in two years it average of once per month. Some servers does it more often than others, One more good reason to not join the grid at the very last second since the +/- trick fixes it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%