Stop Developing

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Please game developers, stop at developing the graphics constantly. With every new game the graphics improve and so every year or even every half of the year we need some PC upgrades or even new PCs.. Just stick with how it's right now, isn't it enough ?!? You can't make it real ( i fear you will soon :eek: ). I know you and GFX developers need to absorb our moneys into your pockets but be merciful. Or if you are so obsessed with graphic development, make the games more optimized.

I'm fed up with always getting old PCs. I needed to write this. :( What do you think ?

I know what you mean, especially if you are into Flight Simulator X, most PC's still haven't caught up with that one. :rolleyes:

It seems that graphic advances may be the primary focus of game development, well SimRacing anyway, but I'd love to see the driving physics developing at the same rate, I think that part is actually sliding backwards.

well i think that we ( the consumers ) are part responsible for it, what if we stick to our games instead of always buying the new release ones. i mean for exemple the flight simulator, why do you need the new release version of it when you still pretty much enjoy the one that you already have, if people don,t buy the game each time they do a new one they will stop doing a new one every 6 or 12 months and they will wait till the game is older to make a new one. an exemple of that is the simracing game GP serie, between each version of the game there were like 5 years in between them, instead the guy who made the game help the modders by giving some infos so they could add tracks and new cars and liveries, sure the graphic and physics doesn't improve but at least people didn't have to change their hardware each time something was coming out. thats the good part about the console, the games and the console evolve at the same times and they pretty much nailed the amount of time between releasing a new console which is about 5 years so people will be willing and could afford changing their console. the problem imo is with everything pc related, i mean why did microsoft had to release vista and a few years later Win 7 when XP is still doing the job pretty well, like i always say why fix it if it aint broken.

Lol buy a console if you can't keep up with the technology development. For me they can't improve on graphics fast enough to be honest :)

A console you only need to upgrade every 5 years. But also if you slowly improve on your pc you can keep up for quite some years. At least if you start with a new one to start with.

Yes console is a solution but it can't come close to a PC. I don't want a thing to just play games. Also every slowly improving nearly costs as much as a console :O ( buying a new Graphic Card for example )

I so much agree with Yves, they do this as people makes it happen. But what can people do, they make new things sooo attractive that you need to buy espicially if you are wealthy no problem for the buyer :D

It seems that graphic advances may be the primary focus of game development, well SimRacing anyway, but I'd love to see the driving physics developing at the same rate, I think that part is actually sliding backwards.

Yes, instead of graphics there are so much things to improve. Escipicially at some game series, only graphics and some very minor upgrades on gameplay.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%