rF2 STOCKCAR 2018 @ Michigan Superspeedway - Mon 5th Dec 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I managed to join. But the second start went terribly wrong.. my keyboard slid off its mount and changed my camera view.... I could not get back into cockpit view at all except by going into the pits. I wondered if I could start from the pits or not. Wasn't sure so tried to get back onto the rear of the pack. Sadly all I got for my trouble was a speeding in the pitlane penalty. Sorry to Ole. While I was trying to sort things out I was holding you up. Apologies mate.

Guys! I'm sorry I had to leave but my time was quite tight.
I really wanted to check how is Nascar at RF2. I only has great Nascar racing at iracing and has been a sutprise to have such an intense laps with you.
I really enjoy it.
I hope to see more Nascar events with more people... could be the next one a mid-oval???
Cheers!

I managed to join. But the second start went terribly wrong.. my keyboard slid off its mount and changed my camera view.... I could not get back into cockpit view at all except by going into the pits. I wondered if I could start from the pits or not. Wasn't sure so tried to get back onto the rear of the pack. Sadly all I got for my trouble was a speeding in the pitlane penalty. Sorry to Ole. While I was trying to sort things out I was holding you up. Apologies mate.

No worries, it was a bit messy the first attempt there. We did restart though, but couldn't get ahold of you to tell it!

Guys! I'm sorry I had to leave but my time was quite tight.
I really wanted to check how is Nascar at RF2. I only has great Nascar racing at iracing and has been a sutprise to have such an intense laps with you.
I really enjoy it.
I hope to see more Nascar events with more people... could be the next one a mid-oval???
Cheers!

rF2 can have great oval racing as well! It's mostly down to the drivers though :p

For the short while I drove the car I thought they seemed fine. Felt good to me. I would think another try at the ovals would be good fun. I wasn't looking forwards to 75 laps though.

I didn't get any practice or change the setup. Not really correct preparation on my part.

I promise to try harder next race lol

For the short while I drove the car I thought they seemed fine. Felt good to me. I would think another try at the ovals would be good fun. I wasn't looking forwards to 75 laps though.

I didn't get any practice or change the setup. Not really correct preparation on my part.

I promise to try harder next race lol

It wasn't 75 laps with green flag racing ;P We did have some Safety Cars. For next big oval, I will turn min.number of laps down to 3, as it was a bit too long at times.

I think we all drove mostly default anyway. I had to remove some grille tape during the race due to overheating the engine, and I changed the steering lock a bit. Other than that - default!

Shame i had the disconnect but i was waaaay to conservative with my strategy anyway to fight for the win, i was doing my laps saving tyres and fuel and with one lucky caution i could had easily done a one-stop with the way my right front was wearing, but after the first 2 safety cars and refusing to pit i just got eaten up. still had great fun though and very happy with my first RD event pole :thumbsup:

Thank you to everyone who raced last night. Apologies for the multiple restarts. One was for a wrong race start type, one was to get someone back in the race and also reset the start type to make it work. Once we got going though, that was brilliant.

I started the race trying to go down the inside of the corners to overtake people. All that happened was I was getting passed and my tyres started to wear down. After a small mental reset, I started taking the high-line and it really helped as I started repassing people. We had the first caution and I was shuffled up as some people pitted. A bit of good racing followed as my tyres started to wear down, but a second caution came up at the point I had initially planned to pit, so I went in when allowed. I think I was 4th or 3rd for the restart, but up against people with worn tyres, I was soon in the lead. For this middle stint I had nobody to battle so could just focus on tyre saving. I was able to lift and get the rear loose enough that the RR tyre was the one heating up most through the corners, which preserved the FR massively and meant I didn't have to worry about the tyres and just focus on fuel strategy. I stayed out for the next caution and restarted in the lead, but a caution soon after was my cue to pit so I did my final stop then. Restarting the race in 4th, I somehow managed to wall-of-death around the outside of all the cars in front of me and get from 4th to 1st in a lap! Then another caution came out with 10 laps to go and I decided to keep track position. I pushed on those last 4 laps to keep cars with better tyres behind, but another caution came out and I would have to survive a GWC restart. I didn't want to sacrifice track position, but it turned out that my FR tyre was too far gone and I was nowhere near flat through the corners, so I was swallowed up by the pack on the last two laps and ended 4th.

Great racing guys, that was really fun and I will definitely make sure we do Ovals more regularly!

If you're free this Friday, come and join Ole's race!

Last edited:
Great fun. Perhaps not my finest hour. Unfortunate to get caught up early on in an incident and running far too long on square tyres didn't help. All in all it was a real lesson in Nascar for me.

Overlapping Inge on the pit in for a stop/go added to my trouble and failing to set for a tyre change will be a mistake I'll try not to do again.

Too many pit stops out of sequence did for my position but arrange another Ed and I'll be back stronger;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back