rF2 Stock Cars @ Mountain Peak Speedway - Thursday 1st October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If there's would-be signups who're concerned they're missing out because they don't know what they're doing with setups, well, I think I have a better solution. Why don't we just share the setups we come up with? I can't claim to be an oval racing expert. But here's the result of an evening's "*Clicks things* Lets see if this is better" :p

How about making one decent setup (better than the default) the fixed one for all via the server?

Had surprisingly good experience on a public server last night. 15-25 players were driving stock cars on various ovals on rotation. No numpties crashing other people deliberately, so I learned a lot. Shifting weight balance to the back, and more negative wedge changes balance from understeer to oversteer. Front ARB and toe-in have some affect as well. So it's not that complicated.

I just have to consider if I want to resubscribe to a site that considers sim racers as simsheep. ;)

Had surprisingly good experience on a public server last night. 15-25 players were driving stock cars on various ovals on rotation. No numpties crashing other people deliberately, so I learned a lot. Shifting weight balance to the back, and more negative wedge changes balance from understeer to oversteer. Front ARB and toe-in have some affect as well. So it's not that complicated.

I just have to consider if I want to resubscribe to a site that considers sim racers as simsheep. ;)
If you're signed up, you're not a sheep :D

OK, what we'll do is allow open setups for this event (especially since it's the first club event at RD using this mod), so that people can get used to the cars and almost use this race as a learning exercise. However, as this is a club event and some people aren't comfortable playing with car configurations, I would like to encourage (more so than usual) setup sharing and helping those that are struggling. This will ultimately (hopefully) lead to closer racing.

After the race, I can take your feedback regarding the best setups, and in the future I can organise a similar event using a chosen setup as a fixed setup. Our plan is to run regular oval races on a Monday evening, so we can try this during these club events.

What are your thoughts?

Great way of taking something totally out of context :thumbsup: You very well know what we mean at RD with the simsheep-effect that keeps pubic and now also private servers empty most of the time because people sign up at the very last minute or join only when others have done before them.

And you don't need to re-subscribe Jyri. Calling your fellow drivers and staff out as feckers and instead of posting an apology for such behavior, simply rage on, we don't need that attitude around here in a casual racing club. Certainly not on oval events where mistakes are made and incidents happen. that's asking for troubles.

You made yourself pretty clear, so stick to it.

And you don't need to re-subscribe Jyri. Calling your fellow drivers and staff out as feckers and instead of posting an apology for such behavior, simply rage on, we don't need that attitude around here in a casual racing club. Certainly not on oval events where mistakes are made and incidents happen. that's asking for troubles.

Ok, as you wish. Nice way of taking that situation out of the context, btw.

Was about to post a setup for this race (balanced tyre wear per side), but as I can read from the Ian Bell-wannabe (truly a fecker), I'm not wanted here, so goodbye.

@Daiman Patel I'd prefer to keep future races open setups also. People don't always agree on what the best setup is, especially the people who make them :p (I've happily raced on universally despised setups in the past!) You can count on me to share a setup for every race I attend however, and I'm sure there's others here who'll do the same. :)

I've been meaning to race more often in this rF2 club for a while now. It's about time I showed up and stuck around. :p

IMPORTANT

Apologies that there is still no server available. We are currently experiencing some technical issues that will hopefully be resolved soon, and expect the server to be available from this evening (or tomorrow morning at the latest). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT
The (rF2) server and TeamSpeak passwords have changed - they can be found here.

Unfortunately, due to the technical issues, which have still not been fully resolved, I can't be certain that the server has been set up correctly. I hope it is, but please let me know if there are any issues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back