rF2 Stock Car @ Talladega - Sat 11NOV17

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great fun, it's amazing how intense these races are, even if they might not look like it when you're just watching.

I was very thankful the race was restarted - I probably got on the grid too late the first time around and while trying to rejoin, I got a stop and go for going out of the pits under red...and when I went to serve it, I got out of the pits a bit too fast and got another one (with flashbacks to the last race ;) ). So restarting the race gave me another chance of starting with a clean slate, which I took full advantage of and managed to go from last to 4th :)

Thanks everyone for the race! :thumbsup:

BTW I don't know why that is, but the DX11 version of rF2 - which I was running today, unlike most of the time - still feels kinda weird to me. It looked fine and smooth on stream, but somehow it doesn't *feel* right, no matter what I do, and I don't know why. It's running at the same framerate as the DX9 version, yet it somehow feels...I don't know, sluggish is perhaps how I would describe it best. The DX9 version feels silky smooth and responsive while playing in comparison. It's just weird :unsure:

(Not to mention the DX11 looks somewhat grainy - perhaps due to different AA? - and the colors and effects look kinda off to me, with a weirdly greenish/blueish hues...)

Thanks for the race, guys! It was my first race ever on rf2. Thank you Steve for the good set up! Maybe a little bit too much tape on the front. I guess that´s why my engine got blown in lap 26 or so. These oval races have to be on schedule every week! See you next time!

Last edited:
Great race. Shame I blown the engine at lap 20 or so. I did not have the temperature alarm. I think we were a bit agressive with tape and bumpdraft.
See you!

BTW I don't know why that is, but the DX11 version of rF2 - which I was running today, unlike most of the time - still feels kinda weird to me. It looked fine and smooth on stream, but somehow it doesn't *feel* right, no matter what I do, and I don't know why. It's running at the same framerate as the DX9 version, yet it somehow feels...I don't know, sluggish is perhaps how I would describe it best. The DX9 version feels silky smooth and responsive while playing in comparison. It's just weird :unsure:

(Not to mention the DX11 looks somewhat grainy - perhaps due to different AA? - and the colors and effects look kinda off to me, with a weirdly greenish/blueish hues...)
Someone told me that input lag is slightly higher in DX11, although I cannot say I have experienced that or "felt" it if you will.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%