Stock Car Extreme: V8 audio comparison

Reiza Studios published a new video on their Youtube channel showcasing the sounds of their sim.

The video compares the sound of a real V8 stock car (Thiago Camilo's, to be precise) to the simulator's recreation. The result is, if you ask me, stunning - I immediately recognized the real audio as one of the game's V8s.

It seems this audio was recorded at a rainy practice session at Cascavel, since wet conditions allow for a smoother rev build up in the engine.

Do you think Stock Car Extreme is a winner in the audio department? Sound off in the comments or in our Game Stock Car Extreme forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I missed it because I was either racing in the AC club or doing something else. But it is usually only 1 a week in the V8's. I will hopefully do some V8 races when they crop up. They are the only class ( and the BES mod) that I like driving in GSCE.

Last edited:
Very very good, but the problem to me is that the comparison is flawed by default. My experience from driving cars and watching/listening to recordings of the same is that recordings fall really short in replicating the experience of being in the car, the sound you experience tend to be so much more all encompassing, so much more brutal and raw than what most recordings are capable of reproducing. Ofc most of us have no experience in driving these V8s, but I expect them to be an assault on my ears, and I find that in most cases they sound ok-ish, but they lack something which is hard to put into words.

Very very good, but the problem to me is that the comparison is flawed by default. My experience from driving cars and watching/listening to recordings of the same is that recordings fall really short in replicating the experience of being in the car, the sound you experience tend to be so much more all encompassing, so much more brutal and raw than what most recordings are capable of reproducing. Ofc most of us have no experience in driving these V8s, but I expect them to be an assault on my ears, and I find that in most cases they sound ok-ish, but they lack something which is hard to put into words.
3 dimensional sound and reverb is whats missing. Also to note that most of the "raw" sound is muffled to a driver racing in a helmet. I wish they added that effect in cockpit mode.

However, on topic, yes the SCE extreme audio is amazing. I truly hope to see them in the future making new games on newer engines. Their passion is nothing short of amazing and you can see it in SCE.

I have this annoying distortion sounds in GSCE while shifting or in higher speed which is killing a lot of the immersion for me. Is this only my problem or it´s supposed to be like that?

3 dimensional sound and reverb is whats missing. Also to note that most of the "raw" sound is muffled to a driver racing in a helmet. I wish they added that effect in cockpit mode.
On the first part thats the basic flaw in any and all gaming, barring perhaps the future with VR. We have a flat screen that shows things that look correct, but don't look right. Same with sound.

Still, no reason you can't put ear plugs in and set your speakers to an unsafe decibel level. That'd probably be a decent compromise. :p

On the first part thats the basic flaw in any and all gaming, barring perhaps the future with VR. We have a flat screen that shows things that look correct, but don't look right. Same with sound.

Still, no reason you can't put ear plugs in and set your speakers to an unsafe decibel level. That'd probably be a decent compromise. :p
Indeed, but my ear drums cant take too much these days

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years