Stock Car Extreme v1.51 RELEASED!

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Stock Car Extreme V1.51 is now available on Steam & via GSC Sync.

This update addresses some of the bigger bugs verified with v1.50 and brings along some other minor improvements.

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.51 by running GSC Sync.

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download the latest update packages from the links below:

v1.35
v1.38
v1.50
v1.51

FULL SCE V1.51 Installer (needs all 7 parts adding up to 11gb, please note it includes only StockV8 2014 season, missing 2013):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

Mirror 1:

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

Mirror 2:

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

IMPORTANT!!

If you have any issues getting the game to run, please make sure to consult the troubleshooting thread and all the recommendations in the opening post.

For the new STEERING ROTATION feature introduced with v1.50:

All Logitech & Thrustmaster wheels with adjustable rotation should be working with this feature. Fanatec wheels should too, except for the V2 wheelbase which is still in development.
If you have any of the supported wheels, it is recommended you set Enable Custom Steer Rotation to NO from OPTIONS > CONTROLS, and let the game customize the appropriate rotation range for each car:
Wheel_Rotation.jpg

If Enable Custom Steer Rotation is set to NO, the rotation range below it has no effect so you may ignore it.

Some cars will also allow some range for adjusting rotation from the garage menu - ex. F-Extreme is defaulted to 360º, but you can increase that 450º from the garage. Others (like the Lancers) are fixed at 900º.

Logitech users should make sure "Allow game to adjust settings" is ticked in your profiler:
Logitech_Profiler.jpg

In case you do not have a controller with adjustable rotation, OR if your steering wheel is not yet supported by this feature, you should set Enable Custom Steer Rotation to YES, and define how much rotation range you have in your controller in the setting below - the game should then work same as before (with any adjustment per car done manually both here & controller profiler) and STEER ROTATION SETTING in GARAGE1 menu will have no actual effect.

Main changelog for v1.51:

Track:
  • Adds Velo Cittá Club Day layout (from "Acelerados" TV show);

Features & Fixes:

• Fixed bug with GSC Config crashing from Steam;
  • Fixed gridedit command for multiplayer;
  • Reverted to pre-v1.50 trackmap solution (Numpad 0 to toggle off/on/rotating);
  • Adjusted FFB values as a compromise between previous 2 versions - realfeel values from v1.38 & v1.50 are also included in RealFeelPluginv138.ini (more overall force & clipping) and RealFeelPluginv150.ini(lower forces at lighter loads & less clipping), so users can copy & paste settings according to their own preferences if not satisfied with default values;
  • Fixed garage steering rotation setting not being saved with setups;
  • Forced reset rotation range to previous profile setting with Thrustmaster wheels after quitting the sim;
  • Changed base HUD text color from yellow to white;
  • Fixed DRS rules and activation points at Interlagos, Spielberg, Kansai;
  • Reintroduced track tire compound options for F-Extreme & F-Reiza, and fixed issue which allowed AI to choose unauthorized compound in pitstops;
  • Fixed error in some series not allowing basic setup adjustments when running a fixed setup race;
  • Fixed SuperV8 graphics glitch near the exhaust from long distance;
  • Improved SuperV8 AI handling;
  • Minor physics revisions for Metalmoro MR18;
  • Updated Lancer R & RS sounds in attempt to minimize audio clipping;
  • Added pit limiter & onboard starter to Lancer R & Lancer RS;
  • Updated spanish & french localization.

Please keep discussions and questions about v1.51 here - if you´re not sure about a problem you´re encountering, this is the place to discuss it.

If you have a bug to report please use the v1.50 / v1.51 bug report thread. (make sure o check the opening post).

Last edited:
Hi Renato. No it wasnt reversed but I did check that with R Ctrl+num 8 but it behaved like it was when the weight shifted mid corner. Was really strange but I have just finished testing with a few cars and seems fine now after deleting my previous profile and creating a fresh one!

Hello

I am using a Fanatec CSW V2. The ffb of GSC was a good one till 1.50. After the update to 1.50 it was fantastic, amazing, raw, native, pure. I felt the the whole work of the suspension, the rising center force while accelerating in a corner, everything. After pressing the G key, what deactives the plugins, the Realfeel Plugin was deactivated too, so that there was no more force feedback available. Pressing the G key again acitivated the Realfeel plugin and everything was fine, because i felt the pure Realfeel FFB system.
After 1.51 the FFB turned back to the old system with a mix of Realfeel and the ingame FFB undepending of using realfeel138 oder150.ini
After pressing the G Key to deactivate the plugins, i can feel now the ingame not native FFB, adjustable in the controller.ini what is based on canned effects without Realfeel. pressing G Key again, i can feel the mix of both ffb systems like beforce 1.50 again. Is there a way to get the 1.50 FFB back with 1.51

THX

I set it to low the whole time. Like i said, with 1.50 pressing G, the the whole ffb was dissabled, no Realfeel, no ingame FFB, now pressing G to deactivate Realfeel, i feel the old canned FFB system and it does not dissapear completely after activating the Realfeel. I have to say, that the FFB with 1.51 is now like the whole time before 1.50 was launched and its good, but it was so much better for a short while so that i want it back.

Edit.

After testing i while, i can report now, that after pressing the G key a few times to deactivate the Realfeel plugin the whole ffb was gone like in 1.50 but the feeling is not so naturally like with 1.50. It feels more synthetic, the centerforce clips faster the range between low and high centerforces is smaler, and centerforce increase caused by understeering effects is much to high. Its more like playing a game and not like a real driving experience.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, I'm liking the change of the HUD font color from yellow to white, looks clean. :thumbsup:

Haven't had any issues on my end, but I've mostly been playing-around in mod-content lately.

Please have a look at the Super V8 tire degradation. You can run the hard or the soft until the tire is < 10% but the lap times do not fall very much compared to the stock V8 tire.

The stock V8 tire has a great wear / grip response that you can really feel going away in the 50% wear range, and the lap times consistently fall off as you push the tires on long stints.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello

I am using a Fanatec CSW V2. The ffb of GSC was a good one till 1.50. After the update to 1.50 it was fantastic, amazing, raw, native, pure. I felt the the whole work of the suspension, the rising center force while accelerating in a corner, everything. After pressing the G key, what deactives the plugins, the Realfeel Plugin was deactivated too, so that there was no more force feedback available. Pressing the G key again acitivated the Realfeel plugin and everything was fine, because i felt the pure Realfeel FFB system.
After 1.51 the FFB turned back to the old system with a mix of Realfeel and the ingame FFB undepending of using realfeel138 oder150.ini
After pressing the G Key to deactivate the plugins, i can feel now the ingame not native FFB, adjustable in the controller.ini what is based on canned effects without Realfeel. pressing G Key again, i can feel the mix of both ffb systems like beforce 1.50 again. Is there a way to get the 1.50 FFB back with 1.51

THX

We have now gone for a compromise in peak forces between v1.50 and v1.38, as many people felt v1.50 FFB was overall too light. As mentioned in the release notes, having the forces peak sooner cause a lot of clipping, which may feel overall better with weak wheels like the Logitech ones, but will feel rough in stronger ones like the Fanatec V2.

Try removing your default realfeelplugin.ini and renaming realfeelpluginv150.ini to realfeelplugin.ini from your install root folder - assuming all other settings have remained the same it should get you the FFB levels you had in v1.50.

thrustmaster t 500 or just me?

I have not had any problems with my t500rs and 1.51. Do you have the latest drivers and firmware installed? I know that TM recently released new software as I have just updated a few days ago.

If you loose your FFB in game you can try to "Reset FFB" (look at the key bindings for this feature).
Or if reset ffb won't get your FFB back you can try this... go to the FFB page in controller setup, change the FFB level from med to low and back to med (or whatever setting you have) and this will often restore the FFB.

After reading thru various issues people are having it seems they relate to the Realfeel settings. These are easy to adjust on the fly while driving if u have numlock activated simply press Rctrl and 7 to increase FFB or 9 to decrease!! 8 to reverse! Easy peasy and u can get this setting just right by doing it this way. The issues I had were related to physics changes which I see Renato has mentioned. I have cured the FFB issue I had by deleting my profile and creating a new one but there is still an underlying difference with the FFB from V150 especially when the weight shifts from one side to the other abruptly. the Wheel loses all FFB force when this occurs so in some situations it is more difficult to catch slides. Very hard to explain but it is different.

We have now gone for a compromise in peak forces between v1.50 and v1.38, as many people felt v1.50 FFB was overall too light. As mentioned in the release notes, having the forces peak sooner cause a lot of clipping, which may feel overall better with weak wheels like the Logitech ones, but will feel rough in stronger ones like the Fanatec V2.

Try removing your default realfeelplugin.ini and renaming realfeelpluginv150.ini to realfeelplugin.ini from your install root folder - assuming all other settings have remained the same it should get you the FFB levels you had in v1.50.
Thats the first thing i did, but i didn´t get the FFB of the 1.50 back andi don´t understand why.
Its not only a question of force and earlier clipping, the charakter of the feedback is totally different undepending of the realfeel ini number

Thats the first thing i did, but i didn´t get the FFB of the 1.50 back andi don´t understand why.
Its not only a question of force and earlier clipping, the charakter of the feedback is totally different undepending of the realfeel ini number

Other than the MR18 there hasnt been physics or code changes to warrant this difference from v1.50, so any FFB difference should be settings-related - if not realfeel settings, check also FFB level / strength, and other relevant settings (speed / axis sensitivity, wheel configuration, etC).

Any word on fixing the Steam versions Dedicated Server crashes?

It´s a tricky one but we´re on it.

DRS not working. I keep getting DRS not available now. I've tried Formula Extreme and the DRS tracks. Is this known issue or is it just me? It used to work ok before the update.

Won´t work from all cars / all tracks (did before), only from their respective series and only in the DRS zones.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.9%