Stock Car Extreme v1.38 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
SuperV8_R01.jpg

Special evening release for our aussie friends :)

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.38 by running GSC Sync.

IMPORTANT! If you get a CTD on start-up after the update, check Gamedata\Shared folder and make sure coreshaders.mas is the only file there (may affect some 3rd party mods).

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download all the update packages from the links below:

v1.25
v1.252
v1.27
v1.30
v1.31
v1.33
v1.35
v1.38

NOTE: If you are manually updating from a v1.21 base install, you will need to install all the above packages in succession.

Main changelog for v1.38:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Super V8 series.
Tracks:
  • Added Modern Montreal.
Features & fixes:
  • Minor Jacarepagua Historic LOD fixes;
  • Updated trackside ads;
  • Fixed error with 2 F3 talent files;
  • Adjusted F-Extreme gear & final drive ratios to better match 2015 standards;
  • Updated off-track & rumblestrip sounds in closed cockpit cars.
Please direct your bug reports to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

Very interrsting, I have to try these. Can you tell me whst you meant by the first line (divided by 0.7)? Do you mean you divided everysingle value in the realfeel.ini file (around 8 or 9 values) by 0.7 and you also changed steer force output and steer force grip weight in the controller.ini file to the values above?

Only MaxForceAtSteeringRack was divided. Do note that currently I'm using overall "profiler" strength of 100% (to minimize deadzone) which affects the overall result... The latter two were changed to above values. Oh, and to get the "real" clipping free MaxForceAtSteeringRack-value one should use Motec (will do it later).

Do you use FFB on low? I guess damper, friction, steer force output and steer force grip weight from the controller.ini file still play a role in FFB even when FFB is set to low?

It's on low, and I edited the values just in case (placebo). :)

hi all

i just updated to V1.38 and totally don't work regarding many points
i crashes because of PS20_ROADS.PSH from shared data folder, remove, ok, game starts
then v8 doesn't works => crash after track loaded
then with other cars => game has very big lags, not playable

any idea ? should i delete the game and reinstall it ?

thx

GSC has released V1.38 it makes game not start to fix it use this file for replace coreshaders with V1.35 the the game start with out prb GSCExtreme_v138_UPDATE fix replace coreshaders file from v135 it works for me http://trippteamdownload.servegame....TE fix replace coreshaders file from v135.rar
not forget the every time use the sync that it overwrites some files that u maybe use
i not like the track map addon dx dll or the orginal uidata

Well,

I know it seems unlikely, but, I'm pretty sure GSC sync did do a number on my hard drive. I don't install anything that isn't necessary on my C drive, I have a separate drive[E:] for "add-ons". On that hard drive, I have separate folders for different programs, ie a folder named "Flight" for flight sims, "Racing" for driving sims etc... After all the trouble I had with GSC sync, I got locked out of the "Racing" folder - inaccessible because a file is "corrupted or unreadable". All my different rF installs, GTR2, GPL, GTL, GP4, NR2003 GP500 etc... Everything, anything with my name and an executable, I got locked out of. As we all know, getting some of those older titles to run on win 7 can be a chore. That folder named Racing represented years worth of time and effort. Bye, bye! Opening anything on the E drive took forever after running GSC sync. I was however, still able to do so. As stated in one of my earlier posts, I couldn't enter my computer in safe mode. I also mentioned that every time I started my "confuzer" something else was amiss. I didn't mention extremely long load times on start up, nor did I mention that after the windows splash screen finished it went to disk check. So this morning, when the whole E drive became inaccessible, I opened my case and unplugged it. Guess what? I was able to enter safe mode and my load times were lightning fast as they had been before. GSC sync was the only thing I did before all these problems started.

Look, I love GSCEx - I donated. Once I get things sorted, I look forward to being able to run a SuperV8 at Montreal. I will continue to sing the praises of GSC. But this is not user error, as this sort of thing most times is.

If anyone has the time, patience and skills, would you help me to recover, or direct me to a tutorial about how to recover the data from the affected hard drive? As you can see, I am less than thrilled about the prospects of reformatting the whole shooting match. I would be happy to take any advice by PM so as not to take up forum space with this issue.

Keep up the good work Reiza! Seriously! I bear no hard feelings - things happen. That's why they are called confuzers.

FraPP!!!

Last edited:
Frapp, why not give the Steam install a go? At the very least it would confirm where or not there is some issue with v1.38 in your system, or if it´s just an issue with its manual installation. Drop me a PM if you´re interested giving that a go.

Get a linux bootable cd or usb... I'm using puppy linux on regular basis, just for such emergencies. No need to write commands and stuff, its easy to use.
http://puppylinux.org/main/Overview and Getting Started.htm
If its just windows pathing issue, linux will access the hard-drive without problem and you can transfer everything... If linux cant access it propetly... that means the hard-drive is most likely dying or at the least needs to be formatted completely. Just try to transfer all you can to another harddrive.

Is your E drive separate drive or a partition? How old is it?

That folder named Racing represented years worth of time and effort. Bye, bye!

I can understand completely, sadly I have suffered a similar disaster... then I learned (the hard way) to create backups. As you noted the value of the data can't be measured.

I would get a new hard disk immediately and try to copy the failed HD's data as suggested. There are many things that could be the root of the issue, but leave that investigation until after you recover your stuff.

I couldn't enter my computer in safe mode.

Are you sure the drive (E) is the problem? Can you plug it into another system, or maybe try an external USB housing.

Last edited:
GSC has released V1.38 it makes game not start to fix it use this file for replace coreshaders with V1.35 the the game start with out prb GSCExtreme_v138_UPDATE fix replace coreshaders file from v135 it works for me http://trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/Game Stock Car/CARS/GSC UPDATES/GSCExtreme_v138_UPDATE fix replace coreshaders file from v135.rar
not forget the every time use the sync that it overwrites some files that u maybe use
i not like the track map addon dx dll or the orginal uidata

unfortunatly still not working with this backup for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%