Stock Car Extreme Releases 1.48 Beta, Fixes Championship Scoring

stock.jpg
Reiza Studios have published a new backer-only beta for Stock Car Extreme. Version 1.48 beta is now live on Steam and is 753MB in size.

This update is the first one to be compiled in-house, and the developers have removed all instances of code injection. As such, v1.48 fixes some long-standing bugs like the championship scoring bug and adds many interesting features like correct steering rotation being set automatically on a per car basis. Reiza Studios has recommended starting a new player profile and creating new control presets as old files might cause problems.

The Lancer Cup and Velo Città circuit are also included. The beta update is only available for those who have backed Reiza's Indiegogo crowdfunding, but obviously these updates will eventually be pushed to the main client.

Changelog:
  • Added Mitsubishi Lancer Cup Series (Lancer R & RS models, recommended to run with TC & ABS on low as per the real car)
  • Added Velo Cittá Circuit (2 layouts);
  • Added support to 6 USB controller devices (increasing the previous limit of 3);
  • Added feature to automatically adjust Steering Rotation for each vehicle so use no longer needs to exit game and manually adjust controller rotation (see recommendations above);
  • Added option to adjust steering rotation in garage menu & adjusted default steering lock settings to provide a suitable default steering ratio for all cars (Custom Steer Rotation must be set to NO in controller menu);
  • Added option to map commands for adjusting anti-roll bars from in-car (for the cars that have the option: Stock Car V8, Super V8, F-Extreme, F-Reiza, F-3, F-V12, F-Classic )
  • Added option to map commands for adjusting Vertical FOV from in-car;
  • Tweaked AI to perform less strategical mistakes (such as pitting in the last lap);
  • Rewritten all car classes from the previous standard ReizaXX to a nomenclature that better represents their respective series;
  • Introduced native support to 9-speed gearboxes & fixed bug which would lead to F-Extreme occasionally disappearing when hitting 8th gear in a multiplayer section;
  • AI drivers now use 8th gear & DRS;
  • Added "Opponents Filter" option to quick race menu (for multiclass racing)
  • Replaced AI aggression UI slider with a set of presets low-to-max (max being 50% agression in old currency to prevent AI misbehavior in overly agressive settings);
  • Fixed bug with other cars occasionally "inheriting" 8 gears, DRS functionality from F-Extreme
  • Fixed championship scoring bug;
  • Fixed bug with AI behavior being over agressive with the throttle on corner exit leading to occasionally losing control;
  • Revised AI performance for all cars (balancing for consistency from car to car, track to track, session to session) - still in progress;
  • Updated ambient, curb, road & grass roll noise for all cars;
  • Minor aero & tires revision in all cars;
  • Revised realfeel values to reduce FFB clipping;
  • Tweaked alpha channels in skins from Metalmoro MR18, Opala86, SuperV8, StockV8 series to reduce excessive shiny look;
  • Minor graphical optimization;
  • Fixed behavior of driver labels.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fixed championship scoring bug" .. finally but hope it do work.
And now another thing is an online leaderboard :whistling:

Also "automatically adjust Steering Rotation" is very welcome too .. So i hope its like Assetto Corsa now, just pick any car & drive.

Great job !:cool:

• Added support to 6 USB controller devices (increasing the previous limit of 3);
  • Added feature to automatically adjust Steering Rotation for each vehicle so use no longer needs to exit game and manually adjust controller rotation (see recommendations above);
  • Added option to adjust steering rotation in garage menu & adjusted default steering lock settings to provide a suitable default steering ratio for all cars (Custom Steer Rotation must be set to NO in controller menu);
Perfect: I have 2 DSD Button boxes :laugh:
And I forgot in the past every time to adjust the wheel settings.:cautious:

Such an important update, this is brilliant. Lucky me, i just bought a dd wheel and would be exceeding the 3 controller limit next week.
I've read on another forum that ffb with an OSW is significantly better after the beta update, too. Can't wait to try on tuesday, thanks a lot Reiza!

Great move with enabling more devices, I've always needed to sacrifice my buttonbox between DSD Seq. shifter, CSW wheel and CSP2 pedals. There were some tricks to enable all usind 3rd party tool, but I haven't managed it to work.. Thankfully, now the problem is gone.

Thanks so much. I'm excited most for the following 4 things:

The auto-rotation settings - not because I can't do it on my own but because I simply don't know what each car's steering rate/ratio should be.

The changed FFB (realfeel) vallues - I always felt - although I could be wrong - that the current FFB implementation had software clipping too early or something. A good example are the Brazilian V8s and the Aussie V8s. It's weird, the FFB is relatively light at centre like how it should be, but then when you start turning into a corner, the FFB too quickly ramps up from low to very high or max FFB even though you still have more more left to turn the wheel more (slower corner, not understeering yet, but hit a FFB "max" point extremely quickly and seemingly very disproportionate). This was all just a feeling though and I don't really know how to actually prove it from a technical point of view but regardless, I am very glad Reiza have made some basic changes to the FFB.

Aero and Tyre updates - I'm assuming these are just vehicle changes rather than a core physics engine change, but it's still welcome of course.

Sound updates are always welcome, again, even if it is not a core sound engine update. I'm a huge sound guy (physics 1st, FFB 2nd, sound 3rd, car/track selection 4th, graphics 5th) so thank you.

Thanks Reiza...

One small thing that you probably don't even need to modify the core engine for, please, please, please add the text box to type in notes for our setups. It's one of those small things that can actually make a very big, positive improvement. I dearly miss it from RF1, GTL, Race 07, GTR, RF2, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Scoring fixed. Wow.

If I download this beta, will I still be able to use it online?

EDIT: Oh I see it's only available to those participating in the crowd funding shenanigans. When will us normal people who have wanted to play championship mode for the last 13 months since the points were broken, get this availability?

Got a working game when I paid, few months later it got broken and I'm still stuck with a game with the points-calculating prowess of Will Farrell. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years