Stock Car Extreme: Rallycross preview at Simracing Expo

Yuri

VELES LMP2 #21
This weekend we were at the Simracing Expo at the Nurburgring where we got the chance to test the V12's at Spielberg (with the wheel ffb turned up all the way and 120kg force on the brakes) and enjoyed our first run with the rallycross car.

Besides the powerful open wheeler we drove the rallycross car as well, with the ffb and brake turned down a bit it was time to slide around, and slippery it was! The car was hard to turn, but after a bit I got the hang of it and I was able to throw the car into the corners into a nice slide to the end of the corner.

It was as fun to drive as it looks, trying to keep the car turning because when the understeer starts it's hard to get the car to turn again.

okay i havent clicked on this, because my interest in rallyx is not really thriving.

but......

this looks way to good to be ignored.. i mean seriously this makes dirt rally look arcade?!

wow, wow and wow...

Do i need a pro handbrake to drive this efficiently or will the space bar do ? :D
How much do you actually need to use the handbrake on a track like this ? Can you be just as fast by using conventional braking and drifting into corners, combined with scandi-flick, perhaps ?

Do i need a pro handbrake to drive this efficiently or will the space bar do ? :D
How much do you actually need to use the handbrake on a track like this ? Can you be just as fast by using conventional braking and drifting into corners, combined with scandi-flick, perhaps ?
I think you need a handbrake, braking and schandi flick would be too slow. Saying that I always just use a button on my wheel for the handbrake to get the car to slide.

Meh, for obvious track-reasons this video didn't get me excited at all. Sorry Reiza. I backed the game, mainly due to the RX-stuff, so I believe it will be awesome :) But with that track, nopes.

Well, this track (Foz) is the very track we proposed to do in the campaign - we even included a aerial pic of the real one :)

It is indeed a somewhat basic track, but in its simplicity it´s more fun than it appears, and it should be a good place for people to learn some rallying principles (afterall this is a complete departure from the content we had in the game previously).

The original idea was to expand on that track by create fictional longer layouts for it, but instead we decided to create a complete new one from scratch and let campaign backers choose with one - there was a topic for it in Reiza51. So Tykki is the extra track we´re making, and it´s also very far along in development.

These will be the two we start (and almost certainly end) with for GSCE - if however this rallycross experiment proves a hit, who knows what the future might bring :)

How will all that excessive smoke/dust in the air affect the frame rate ? I wonder if it will require to lower the graphics...

There is a hit from the dust, but since rallycross tracks are only intended for 6 cars at a time, it should not prove extra demanding (compared to a full road course field).

Well, this track (Foz) is the very track we proposed to do in the campaign - we even included a aerial pic of the real one :)

It is indeed a somewhat basic track, but in its simplicity it´s more fun than it appears, and it should be a good place for people to learn some rallying principles (afterall this is a complete departure from the content we had in the game previously).

The original idea was to expand on that track by create fictional longer layouts for it, but instead we decided to create a complete new one from scratch and let campaign backers choose with one - there was a topic for it in Reiza51. So Tykki is the extra track we´re making, and it´s also very far along in development.

These will be the two we start (and almost certainly end) with for GSCE - if however this rallycross experiment proves a hit, who knows what the future might bring :)

Yup, I know, doesn't mean I like that track though, it is to artificial, and it is a gravel-track, nothing of that is very much rallycross, it is x-games show style. I have no doubt's that it is a fun track, but it's not much of a rallycross-track.
I am however, looking extremely much forward to Tykki, as it is more of a proper rallycross-track :) Very many of the rFactor RX-tracks have also been converted over to GSC. I would guess those tracks would need a little re-make to make them fit better with the grip levels in GSC, but I am really really looking forward to Reiza-RX, and I hope my many year old dream of having a proper RX championship can come to life! :)

Just don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to RX, I'm just looking forward to Tykki, and not a gravel-track with artificial stuff on it :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 245 13.5%