Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Tres bien. Merci, Patrick. :thumbsup:

Very enjoyable track and it looks nicely polished.
The dips/crests are all well done and detailed and the tire skids on the curbs is also a great new addition. For me fps is a bit lower here than normal, but i can manage.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

There are a lot of trees here, Perhaps It can cause a lower fps. On my side I test It with mr18 (complex car) , full grid, 5760x1200 all at max before releasing. I did not noticed any problem of fps, sorry if you have some.

I try to solve the weird reflexion at the exit of turn 3 but no sucess for the moment :(

I wanted to note that the original AIW fast line could not be bested. Some major corrections were made to the AIW due to a bug that was found in the TDF. The bug was causing some strange AI behavior and resulted in slow lap times. However this problem did not extend to the exceptionally well done fast line path.

Thanks go to Patrick for the excellent shader / texture upgrades and the original track builder(s) for this great work.

PS... This track supports 21 teams with up to 3 cars per team for 63 cars maximum for any session.

Tried the Retro now and this track really does run very poorly for me. But so do most of the tracks in this game. Rarely i get that smooth 60fps feeling, eventhough the fps counter constantly shows 100+ fps.
I have all kinds of stutter and screen tearing and twitching. Disappointing... :(

I got used to it, though, but on some tracks it's very obvious and disturbing. Like on this track.
Fps is even dropping to 70 and lower. And there's a lot of screen tearing, stutter and feels like 30fps... Tried lowering the detail to high, but then i get this:
24ozv2p.jpg

specs: G1620(2,7Ghz)/r7 250x/4gb ram/Win7
resolution: 1440x900/75Hz

@Jan Mikuž

Have you experimented with this feature in your PLR?

Code:
[ Graphic Options ]
Max Framerate="-61" // 0 to disable, for regular exe only, see multiplayer.ini for dedicated server framerate, new: use negative values for alternate timing

I have 60Hz monitor, and I have set - 60 +1 to limit my frame rate. I believe that the (-) is the important part as the note from ISI suggest.

You have a strong decent (maybe CPU limited) machine for GSC so I feel that you should be able to improve your experience.

+1 to install the latest drivers.

I hope you sort it out, from what I can see here you should get smooth gaming. If any thing you should get perfect performance with only 1 car in game. You should start to suffer with performance as you load more AI (as your CPU will be very busy).

Edit: Can I point out another benefit for this strategy (FPS limit @ 76), as your GPU / Vid card is strong hardware for GSC (I think anyway), Using the frame limiter will free up resources and CPU cycles that otherwise would be used to draw excess frames. However even if you don't limit your frames, make sure to try the negative (-) flag to get and test the alternate timing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 242 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years