Stock Car Extreme: Mitsubishi Lancer Cup at Velo Cittá preview video

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We are happy to show you the first footage of the Mitsubishi Lancer Cup around Velo Cittá in Stock Car Extreme.

Sim racers, who participate in the Reiza Simracing Bonanza on Indiegogo and are now part of the developers forum, will soon be able to get their hands on this combination and other players of Stock Car Extreme will have to wait a bit longer until it appears in a future update of the PC simulator.

Featuring two specs of race prepared Lancer Evos (the more conventional R with 300 HP, and the fully race-prepped RS with 340 HP), the Lancer Cup is dedicated for customer drivers adapting a "sit & drive" model, in which all cars are prepared to be identical and no setup adjustments are allowed.

The Velo Cittá circuit is the main venue for the series - this brand new circuit is along with Interlagos and Curitiba, only the third FIA-homologated race track in Brazil.

Both the Lancer R & Lancer RS are the first all-wheel-drive cars in Stock Car Extreme. The cars are notoriously stable, allowing the driver to focus on maximizing his lines and driving as fast as possible which will guarantee some close racing.

SCE usually has a few unlocked servers from around 3 PM PST to around 8 PM PST. There is usually a Brazilian Stock Car server full of mostly what I'm guessing are Brazilians. Lots of people, usually 15 - 30 during those times.

If later than those times works better for you, then I sometimes have a server open sometime between 10 PM PST and 4 AM PST for a good few hours. I have people on my Steam who play SCE and sometimes I can get around 3 or 4 people right off the bat. We always have a great time and help eachother too with driving and setups :). Sometimes we even play games like adding 25 or 30 AI drivers that are a little slower than us and then we have to all start from the back and make our way through (I advise to enable invulnerability :)). Or, what I just discovered is: setting A.I. to it's absolute slowest setting (70%), having the real players start from the front, and eventually lapping all the A.I. drivers; having to constantly lap a bunch of cars makes for a lot of fun too and presents it's own unique set of challenges.

Add me to Steam "Spinelli" (without the quotes) and let's do some laps. I can start a server with whatever car/track. We can even play right now If anyone wants to.

Last edited:
Such as?

Such as?

I know that RD has some online races but those are only for premium members

There are other league systems if you feel you want free organized racing as well. Plenty hosted on Race2Play and private smaller leagues as well. Hell, i run fun races once a month with some old pals.

However i still dont think premium only is an argument. What RaceDepartment offers in terms of server space, race prep and all oit friendlyness is what you pay for. It's worth it... If you cant be arsed to host your own leagues that is...

The whole point of "organized" online racing is that it is tight knit community based. Not public server mayhem. And in that sense GSC is far from dead.

What do you compare with? What is YOUR idea of alive online racing? Public servers? Matchmaking?

Such as?

Such as?

I know that RD has some online races but those are only for premium members
You can check the lobby and google the name of the league. I'm part of EEC, our leagues didn't start yet because these will be our first seasons with SCE but we have races every sunday with official practice @ 20:00 (CET). We don't use much stock content tho. But I wish we did, wanted to join a Formula Classic league. But server is always available so I guess as long as you are an active member in our online races you can start organazing races too during the week :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%