Stock Car Extreme bug report thread (READ THE OPENING POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
OK let´s try this again - PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING. Posts that don´t observe the requirements may be moved / removed.

Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.27 on this thread.

Make sure to check the release notes on the release thread before posting.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please refer to our GUIDES . If you need further assistance use the v1.27 release thread .

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle.

Steam overlay is causing alot of issues with the crashes a deletion of files.
I recieved an instant message from a friend while in game last night, which I clicked on by habit.......overlay froze, game froze, control + alt + delete got me to my home screen but nothing was responding a full reboot was needed. After the reboot gsc would not launch from either the steam library or quick start tab. I checked the integrity of the files in properties and the report came back with 25 missing files. Back up working once the files were re installed

Track & Layout Used: Johannesburg Historic
Car Used: Formula Retro
Applicable Settings: None
Report: Whenever I start a race the engine is dead. I have to use the start button to get it working. I often mess up the start as a result because there's not enough time. No difference if I qualify or just do a quick race. In practice the engine starts on its own just fine.
Steps to reproduce: Just start a race.

Hi ! it's me again...
got a little issue in the cockpit view (in the mirror)

Track & Layout Used: all
Car Used: marcas, ford focus
Applicable Settings: see screenshot (shadows to medium)
Report: in the mirror lateral and center, we can see shapes... (see picture), the outside view is ok. Seems that the pb disapeer with shadow on high.
Steps to reproduce: start a race/test day...

Attachments

• 2015-04-07_00002.jpg
    2015-04-07_00002.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 2015-04-07_00001.jpg
    2015-04-07_00001.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 271
  • 2015-04-07_00007.jpg
    2015-04-07_00007.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 265
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Jut a quick one

I Can't switch from game to desktop and back. It switches back so you can hear the game, has the mouse pointer but does not bring the IU.I game to front. Have to force close/reload.

Could switch no problem with gsce v.1.21. Same installation/same nvidia drivers/ gsce set up/driver settings/game video settings etc.

Hi! First, I'd like to express thanks to Reiza for their excellent sim (my current favorite)! :thumbsup:

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Any
Applicable Settings: Shadows: High (haven't tried other levels other than Off)
Report: Flickering/flashing shadows and black artifacts since 1.30 first released. No issues on prior builds, no settings or hardware changes, newest graphics drivers (GTX 670, driver build 347.88). Occurs on both non-Steam and Steam installs of the game. Tried removing SweetFX and not using Nvidia DSR, nothing like that helps, sadly. No mods are installed, either; it's a vanilla game aside from SweetFX.
Steps to reproduce: Well.. not sure, since the only other person I know that has SCE isn't having this issue and nothing we have tried has made it happen on his machine.

Here is a video clip (4 minutes, 160 MB, MP4) showing exactly what's happening:
https://app.box.com/s/g9i3718vpijddp5w66rp5wc11v3vy472

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Hi ! it's me again...
got a little issue in the cockpit view (in the mirror)

Track & Layout Used: all
Car Used: copra mod, ford focus
Applicable Settings: see screenshot (shadows to medium)
Report: in the mirror lateral and center, we can see shapes... (see picture), the outside view is ok. Seems that the pb disapeer with shadow on high.
Steps to reproduce: start a race/test day...
If you're playing with modded cars (i.e., not Reiza original content), then it is a mod conversion problem. Some mods are poorly converted and present artifacts in mirrors. The only way to get rid of them is to set Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" in .PLR file.

Seems to be from moving POV back? Generally you´d do better to raise / lower the FOV than changing the POV back / forth.

triple screen setup 5960 x 1080 with multi view enabled the mirrors in the mitsubishi all reflect the same images

Edit If you delete your user profile and create a new one the mirrors will reflect the proper image again

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: Bolgona Historic
Car Used: Marcas petrobras touring cars
Applicable Settings: 30 ai difficulty 100% aggression 30%
Report: Formation lap is a mess ai cars crashing off course in multiple turns. In the 3rd last turn i had to skip the remaining formation lap as 2 cars were stuck in the middle of the road
Steps to reproduce: run a formation lap with 30 ai

http://gyazo.com/6b5821ab6a76e409f93c11b612c22157
http://gyazo.com/59b44c5dd6af34e7c403ec38f201dd11

Other issue:

Device input loss:
After deleting my user file and running a check integrity in game stock car properties i created a new user file and set my wheels ffb up when in game if i returned to the garage in session and altered and wheel options ex. increase/decrease ffb strength when returning to track all wheel and pedal functions become unresponsive and a ffb reset does nothing and must exit to the home screen. In control settings all inputs are functioning.

Track map Flickering:
using a triple screen setup 5950 x 1080 max graphic settings x2 AA ingame with vsync on the track map flickers and causes a screen tear across the side monitors at the top and bottom of the track map. With vsync off the tears are gone but map still flickers and overall smoothness of the game is choppy even at 100 fps

i7 2600 r9 290 4gb omega driver w8.1

Last edited:
Hi guys any help appreciated, I too cannot get to Q 2 even when on pole, the main menu only let's me select 0 or 1 for tracks. The extreme rfm has qualifying type at 2 for F1 style but always only 1. Do I have to edit the track gbd or something?
please help

The Q1/Q2/Q3 system appeared briefly a few versions ago (maybe 1.20 or thereabouts). It has been temporarily removed while a bug is fixed. In the meantime, you can only choose 0 or 1 qualifying sessions, but you can still see it listed in the rfm. Hopefully we'll see it back soon.

Track & Layout Used: Montreal Historic
Car Used: All
Report: Looking at the replay, it seems that the camera on the start/finish straight (looking at the wall of champions) does not get the engine sound for a few meters until the car gets closer.
Steps to reproduce: Any session will do I believe

Terrible performance issue with Formula Classic. Around Bologna Historic im struggling to get anything above 35 fps. However if a take any other car out i get 60-80 fps.

Track & Layout Used
: Bologna Historic
Car Used: Formula Classic
Report: Formula classic has bad performance issue that severely effects fps
Steps to reproduce: Take formula classic on track and observe fps, then take any other car and compare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 226 10.5%
  • < 4 years