Stock Car Extreme - All the tips you need to know

To edit some files, you will need Notepad++. Please download it here.
All editions must be done with game off (especially for dedicated servers).

Personal settings
  • I want to put the virtual mirrors
  • I see vehicule parts in the rearview mirror
  • I have a strange feeling with my Fanatec wheel
  • I want to opimize my AntiAliasing setup

Server settings
  • My server doesn't run warm up
  • I want to raise up maximum drivers online
  • I want to allow driver swap in race
  • I want to add balast to some drivers
  • I want to reverse the grid or a part of the grid

DRS et tyres configuration for F1
  • DRS
  • Tyres

Issues and bugs
  • I have some stuttering
  • I can't load tracks
  • Night races give a big fps loss

Last edited:
  • I want to put the virtual mirrors
Press the key "3" of your keyboard.
If it doesn't work, exit the game and open your prl file with notepad++ (right click) located in C:\GSC2013\UserData\YOURNAME
Find the line 184 and correct it like this : Rearview="1". Then back to game and press 3. You can do cycles.

• I see vehicule parts in the rearview mirror
Edit your prl file with notepad++ (right click) located in C:\GSC2013\UserData\YOURNAME
Find the line 201 and correct it like this : Self In Cockpit Rearview="0"

• I have a strange feeling with my Fanatec Clubsport wheel
Please try these settings :

Force FFB in GSC: 50 %
SEN: 360
FF: 100
SHO: 90
ABS: 90
LIn: Off
dEA: Off
drI: 001
For: 110
SPr: 20
dPr: Off

Load Cell : 7

• I want to optimize my AntiAliasing setup
Here are the advices of Spinelli

Nvidia or AMD, set the in-game AA to off, you want to set it from your graphics card control panel (download Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia GPUs).

In NVidia Inspector use AA 4xS, 8xS, 12xS, 16xS, or 32xS. (32xS is probably too much, especially on triple screens, probably same with 16xS, but it doesn't hurt to try) The LOD bias clamp thing hasent worked for a couple years now as Nvidia has disabled it (unless, I think, you have a real old card like a GTX 280 and/or real old drivers) that's where these "xS" settings come into play as they have their own different LOD bias than other AA settings. I'm not sure if it matters, but I leave "Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias" to ON, and "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias" to ALLOW, just in case. You will get tons of jaggies and shimmering no matter what settings you use in rFactor 1 based sims (and pre-rF1, eg. GT Legends) unless you use the "xS" AA settings in Nvidia Inspector, or possibly the method below.

The combination of Multisampling AA + Sparse Grid Supersampling (make sure they are both set to identical amounts, eg. 2x MS + 2x SGSS, or 4x MS + 4x SGSS, or it won't work properly, they need to be the same amounts) is another option but it doesn't have the different LOD bias that the "xS" settings have, but you may still get good results, especially with 4x MS + 4X SGSS.

For AMD you just use the standard "Supersampling" option in CCC (Catalyst Control Centre, your AMD graphics card control panel) and then go with either 2x or 4x. 2x will still have some jaggies but overall very good because AMDs supersampling will apply to the entire image, no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". 4x will look beautiful, you won't need anymore than 4x SS. 8X will look just a teeny, tiny bit better than 4x but it is much more demanding than 4x and not worth it; 4x is very close to the IQ of 8x. Just use standard 2x, 4x, or 8x, don't bother with the "EQ" settings (eg. 2xEQ) and don't bother with edge-detect for the "Filter" option.

P.S. Make sure you have the AA in AMD CCC or Nvidia Inspector set to Override application settings or none of these settings will be actually used and you'll be left with no AA (since the GSC config.exe should be set to no AA).

Last edited:
  • My server doesn't run warm up
Access your dedicated server (and be sure it is off). Open the .plr with notepad++ (right click) located here E:\Program Files (x86)\GSC2013\UserData\DedicatedServer
Find the line 92 and correct it like this Run Warmup="1"

• I want to raise up maximum drivers online
If not already done, create a shortcut for your GSCDedicated.exe. Right click on it to edit propertes. Add +maxplayers 50 at the end of the target.
For instance : "E:\Program Files\GSCEx_FVee\GSC Dedicated.exe" +maxplayers 50
Launch the dedicated server and modify the maximum number of players.

• I want to add balast to some drivers
Connect yourself online and become an admin with /admin command line. You have to enter the password : /admin password
Use the command "/setmass" respecting this syntax.
/setmass mass exact_player_name
For instance /setmass 30 Pat
It will be added for all the race week-end. If you type after that /setmass 20 Pat, Pat will NOT have 50 kgs but 20 kgs.

• I want to allow driver swap in race
Access to your dedicated server.
Go to this adress : C:\Program Files (x86)\GSC2013\UserData\DedicatedServer
Edit the file multiplier.ini with notepad++ (right click)
Find the line 77 and correct it like this : Allow Hotswaps="1"

Check two lines above, line 75, that you have this : Allow Spectators="1"

Now, ingame, each driver has to parameter two keys : driver hot swap and passenger selection.
The non-driving driver has to connect has as a spectator. In the multiplayer lobby, in options, he can allow spectator mode (on/off).
While racing, he has to do a right click on his running teamate in the drivers list and then press his passenger selection key.

On his side, the active driver will have to accept the incoming driver and press his driver hot swap key.

All of them have to be in the cockpit view.

Last edited:
  • DRS
Open with notepad++ (right click) the .gdb of the track your want edit. For instance here : C:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\Putnam\putnam_champ
You can add up to 5 DRS zones and have to respect this syntax :

DRS
{
// Up to 5 zones.
// When a zone uses a previous detection point, set that zone's detection point to -1.0
zone1 = (3407.83,3888.65,266.0) // Detection point, start point, end point
zone2 = (408.064,770.74,1280.81)
}

To find the correct values, you have to create a shortcut for GSC.exe on your desktop (probably already done). Right click on it and "properties" to edit the target line.
Add at the end of the target destination : trace=5. For instance : "C:\GSC2013\GSC.exe" trace=5

Run the game with the F1 or F1 Ex and then press the DRS when your are at the position your need to be (detection point, then start point, then end point) for each DRS zone.

Exit the game and go to C:\GSC2013\UserData\LOG. Your will find a "trace.txt". Edit it with notepad++ and go to the bottom lines. You will find these lines for each DRS pressing :

drsrules.hpp 138: DRS Control - dist: 161.388458
drsrules.hpp 138: DRS Control - dist: 731.432251
drsrules.hpp 138: DRS Control - dist: 1411.810425
drsrules.hpp 138: DRS Control - dist: 1896.628296
drsrules.hpp 138: DRS Control - dist: 3061.290283

Copy them in the .gdb and save it

• Tyres
Open with notepad++ (right click) the .gdb of the track your want edit. For instance here : C:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\Putnam\putnam_champ

To allow some kinds of tyres you have to follow this syntax :

F_EXTREME_TIRES
{
CompoundsAllowed=(0,2) // A max of 4 compounds can be included in this parameter.
}
F_REIZA_TIRES
{
CompoundsAllowed=(0,2) // A max of 4 compounds can be included in this parameter.
}

The tyres code is the following :

0 : Soft
1 : Supersoft
2 : Medium
3 : Hard

In this example soft and medium are only allowed.

You can see a working example with the inerlagos track in the .gdb here : C:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\Interlagos\InterlagosGP

Last edited:
  • I have some stuttering
Ingame, in options, try to put Time Scale at NONE
Try also to reduce details, like shadows for instance, or max visible vehicules.
  • I can't load tracks
Erase all the files at this adress : P:\GSC2013\GameData\Shared and launch GSCSync.exe. It can be found in the root directory of GSC.
  • Night races give a big fps loss
Open your prl file with notepad++ (right click) located in C:\GSC2013\UserData\YOURNAME
Find the line 277 and correct it like this : Max Headlights="10" . You can try other values.

Last edited:
Hi Patrick;
First of all thank you for your time in providing all the above tips for us all, very much appreciated.
You mentioned "I want to reverse the grid or a part of the grid" above but I cannot find where you explained it. Would you be so kind to also add it here.
Many thanks, Christo

thanks for these tips. I have a question.
I want to keep the mirror views as per default setting, however i would like when I press look back button that there is nothing shown just looks back rather than looking at my headrest etc.

Hi Patrick;
First of all thank you for your time in providing all the above tips for us all, very much appreciated.
You mentioned "I want to reverse the grid or a part of the grid" above but I cannot find where you explained it. Would you be so kind to also add it here.
Many thanks, Christo
I know it's probably not exactly what you have in mind, but if you edit your PLR file and under the Race Conditions section, change the number of race sessions to 2, then race 2 will be a reverse grid based on the final results of race 1.

thanks for your reply Keith...
but that does not achieve what I want.
that removes everything from "mirrors" as well, I want to keep the cockpit mirrors as per "15" as wings wheels everything in my cockpit "MIRRORS" but nothing when i press the button to "LOOK BACK"
I do not believe that is possible as they are linked.

thanks for your reply Keith...
but that does not achieve what I want.
that removes everything from "mirrors" as well, I want to keep the cockpit mirrors as per "15" as wings wheels everything in my cockpit "MIRRORS" but nothing when i press the button to "LOOK BACK"
Wow. I'm sure it never used to do that, maybe something else has changed in the plr file too.
Andrew, it definitely was possible, I always used my mirrors but had nothing in rear view sometimes, and I definitely could set it from the plr file.

To people with stuttering problems. In, I think, V1.10 I noticed that some tracks (it was horrible on some kart tracks) that there would be a stutter at exact time intervals. The stutters were so bad that they happened even if you were running, for example, 500 fps (I tested this extremely thoroughly). The stutters coincided EXACTLY with every moment the shadows would get updated (every second or two) and move slightly due to the sun/moon moving (because of the day/night cycles).

Either of the following completely, 100% fixed the stuttering:

Disable ALL shadows (has to be completely off, not even minimum/low, but completely off)

OR

Time Scale set to completely OFF so that there are no shadow updates every second or two from the day/night cycle.

If you set time scale to completely off then you can run any shadow setting you like. It's either one OR the other, you don't need to do both.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%