Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Hi guys!

I hope Reiza changes some menue points in Game menue.
Joined Race yesterday After Qualy nothing more happened onscreen, so i pressed ESC button.
I was asked if i want to exit.
MY FAULT... i pressed and was back in multiplayer menue and out of game
Not the best idea

Didi

It was fun yesterday. I struggled a little bit in Race 1. Especially on braking the rear stepped out quite a bit and led to 2 (avoidable) spins.:redface:

Managed it way better in Race 2. Pushed hard trying to force Nico into a mistake, but he didn't do me the favor. Good racing.:thumbsup: And i had to keep an eye on my rearview mirror, because Goffik was pretty close.

Here's my video from both races. I missed the start of the first race, because i wasn't aware of this instant session change.

My impression on AMS2 was fine, but with room for improvement. Netcode seemed surprisingly good and i had no issues with lags.
Reiza needs to improve the UI, to get rid of this confusing "Exit" button. Also some kind of a timer is needed after Qualifying session to get better prepared for this very hectic race start. Also with a chance to check and change the car setup before the race.

It was fun yesterday. I struggled a little bit in Race 1. Especially on braking the rear stepped out quite a bit and led to 2 (avoidable) spins.:redface:

Managed it way better in Race 2. Pushed hard trying to force Nico into a mistake, but he didn't do me the favor. Good racing.:thumbsup: And i had to keep an eye on my rearview mirror, because Goffik was pretty close.

Here's my video from both races. I missed the start of the first race, because i wasn't aware of this instant session change.
Hey thanks for the vid. I was just wondering about your Crew Chief set up. You seem to have the default guy (Jim) for times and gaps and a different (North American) guy for proximity notifications. Just out of interest, what's going on there and how did you do that? Also, if you wanna post your vids.... well look I know this is picky, but we are on the internet and some people might take offence, so maybe you could turn the profanities filter back on? Sorry again to be picky, it actually doesn't worry me personally but I'm a great one for inclusiveness and not having an environment where anybody might feel uncomfortable.

Cheers. :)

So, here is my recap of yesterdays race.
Sorry for chaos on start of first race. I just wasn´t ready, not even had my headset on when race started. Rest of it was nothing spectacular.
Second race late for the start again. But managed to have everything set in time. so no carnage there.

So after all i also have to say, that they need a sort of countdown or something...

One thing that made me struggle:
I mainly did RF2 races for the last months. In RF2 i can influence the cars behaviour with the brake through corners. so i´m used to tip the brakes gently when i need more grip on front axle to make the car rotate.
In AMS2 it seems that this has no influence. It just feels a bit unnatural. If i tap (not slam) brakes there has to be more load on the front axle. So i struggled with that pretty much.
Rest of it was very promising, Looks great, sounds great, Some cool features in the hud.

I will do the race next week also, just to see how the stockcars feel.

Hey thanks for the vid. I was just wondering about your Crew Chief set up. You seem to have the default guy (Jim) for times and gaps and a different (North American) guy for proximity notifications.
It's a feature of Crewchief. You can select the "Chief voice" and the "Spotter voice" independently. Take a look at the upper right of the Crewchief main window.

Regarding the profanity filter ...... okay :redface:.
My recording settings were mainly focused to mute out the voice chat, that i completely forgot the text chat. Maybe because i'm used to league races, where chatting during the race ist forbidden.
I didn't even noticed any messages during my race. And i couldn't spot any "offending" messages in my video. Maybe you can point that out on me via PM.

I was one of those caught out by the 'exit' button. When I returned for the second race, after a little wait there was a countdown and then I was sitting on the bonnet of a car going round the track. What car was that? I didn't think it was the leader because it didn't seem to be driven at the sort of pace shown by the front runners. It then did some doughnuts at Druids, which is normally a win celebration :)
The FOV was alien to me.. is that the sort of FOV one needs to be quick in sims? Is that a 'trick' I have yet to discover?

I didn't even noticed any messages during my race. And i couldn't spot any "offending" messages in my video. Maybe you can point that out on me via PM.
He probably means Crew Chief, which has a habit of swearing at you when he's in a bad mood. ;) But to be honest, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been streaming races for a long time with the occasional swear from CC and have never had any complaints. It's not like it's constant, just adds to the atmosphere.

The FOV was alien to me.. is that the sort of FOV one needs to be quick in sims? Is that a 'trick' I have yet to discover?
Sounds like the bonnet cam you can select when viewing other drivers. I don't know if it's different from the bonnet cam driving view as I've literally never used it. Cockpit all the way for me.

But to answer your question, not it's not a trick. Some people do use bonnet and bumper cams in sim racing, because they prefer the unobscured view it gives you of the track ahead. I personally don't because I prefer a realistic driving view.

My impression on AMS2 was fine, but with room for improvement. Netcode seemed surprisingly good and i had no issues with lags.
Reiza needs to improve the UI, to get rid of this confusing "Exit" button. Also some kind of a timer is needed after Qualifying session to get better prepared for this very hectic race start. Also with a chance to check and change the car setup before the race.

Thanks for the video Ernie ! you were on me all race that was fun
netcode also perfect for me, considering how young this sim is.
A lot is right and reiza is full throttle on it, a lot of content is comin a few fixes here and there and AMS 2 could be one of the best. Spending most of time on it with RF2 atm

He probably means Crew Chief, which has a habit of swearing at you when he's in a bad mood. ;)
Oh .... that makes sense.:rolleyes: Yes my CrewChief has some very bad habits. :D
I'm uploading simracing videos on youtube since very long time and never thought about that sweary crewchief, because i really like it that way. But if this is a problem here, then i'll turn it off for the next club race.

You can change the FOV in AMS2 for every cam somewhere in the display settings. The default FOV is really fisheye-like. The FOV you've seen is not the FOV the other driver is using.

Just a little update on how things will work on the server, mainly for those who were in the previous event.

There now WILL be a delay between the end of qualifying and the start of the race. There will be a two minute timer while the sim waits for participants to confirm they're ready. You CAN change your fuel and setup during this time. Once all drivers have confirmed the race will start.

NOTE: If you do NOT confirm you are ready before the timer ends then you will be DQ'd from the race!

Thanks to @balage06 for pointing me towards this feature. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's a feature of Crewchief. You can select the "Chief voice" and the "Spotter voice" independently. Take a look at the upper right of the Crewchief main window.

Regarding the profanity filter ...... okay :redface:.
My recording settings were mainly focused to mute out the voice chat, that i completely forgot the text chat. Maybe because i'm used to league races, where chatting during the race ist forbidden.
Maybe it was me. I thought I heard Jim from Crewchief use the F word. Like I said, I'm prob being very picky.

Edit: :ninja:'d by @Goffik. If he's happy then I'll shut up. It was just a thought really. :thumbsup:

so guys, i am very curious and wannna know everything, i was wondering to participate yesterday but my throttle potentiometer decided to die

so so so, what's your impressions? is the multiplayer all good? i tried on the server monday and had a real fun to handle the ginetta oversteer with the new thrustmaster package

Last edited:
so guys, i am very curious and wannna know everything, i was wondering to participate yesterday but my throttle potentiometer decided to die

so so so, what's your impressions? the multiplayer is all good, i tried on the server monday and had a real fun to handle the ginetta oversteer with the new thrustmaster package

fun yass it s' fun
net code flawless for me
potential huge

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline