Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
puh that's very sad. So much lags (sometimes joinlags, but not allways) and after the Qualy Session no timer or something that i know what's coming next. I don't know if it was this VR marker or my mouse. I klicked on the EXIT button. Why is there an "EXIT" button and not a "NEXT" button or something else for exc. a question wether i want to leave the session?

The devs of this sim are sometimes a little bit strange in what they think. Very sad because i can't rejoin the session. Sorry guys!

I clicked that infamous 'exit' also, but I was having a mare in qually.
Got back into second race, hit a staionary car at the start (sorry,but unavoidable), was happily with a group until rudely punted off at westfield (I think it is, the one after hawthorns). I expect a bit of 'rubbing is racing' but that was out of order.

Good fun thanks guys, not sure if it was my setup or what but I've been noticing in several sessions now that the cars handling seems to change from session to session and becomes hella squirrelly when following someone into braking zones.
I understand the dirty air results in less down force, but I was finding it would lock up one of the fronts and loop me?
I was following Goffik in the 2nd race and took a tad bit more curb than usual and it shot me into the wall....after that it was just a quest to keep it on track and finish....4 spins later lol
Really have to make sure you time your downshifts in this car or it will lock and loop ya.

Fun none the less and look forward to the next event...thanks again!

Edit: I also need some help/tips on discord, when I entered the channel I heard everyone but once I launched my other apps (simhub, crew chief and ams) I didn't hear anything except the odd discord audible.

Last edited:
Very sad because i can't rejoin the session. Sorry guys!
You could have joined as a spectator, and then taken part in race two. That's what I did.

But you are definitely right, that is a very bad piece of interface design. Not only to display just one possible button with no timer or indication of what's happening, but also to give no exit confirmation when you click that button? Ouch. I'll add some info to the OP for the next event, to try and stop others having this problem.

Other than that, it seemed to go quite well. At least, the race I was able to take part in did.

... not sure if it was my setup or what but I've been noticing in several sessions now that the cars handling seems to change from session to session and becomes hella squirrelly when following someone into braking zones.
I've definitely noticed the same thing. The first lap took me by surprise on pretty much every corner following the two cars in front, with lock-ups and near-spins. Seemed much better once the tyres were warmed up, but yeah. Definitely felt different that practice/qualy.

Well, I had my first (two) race(s) with you guys and my experience is quite positive (although I got a huge push in T1 of second race...). The outcome of the races was quite unlucky for me, because in the first race I ran out of fuel (I failed to save the changes after qualy) and during the second race my pc totally froze. So I couldn't see the checquered flag... :D I hope more AMS2 races will come and I can participate in them. And I hope AMS2 will still be really polished more.

I'm curious, was damage on or off @Goffik ?

The first race felt as if my steering lock had been reduced wildly, seemed like I had a huge deadzone and had to turn the wheel almost 180 deg to get round the tight turns. Thought it may have been damage due to being t boned at T2.

I have had this before in a MP race with a friend and had put it down to damage also.

I hope more AMS2 races will come and I can participate in them.
More AMS 2 races are guaranteed mate. Same time, same place, next week for starters. Details soon!

race 2 nice battle for the win with ernie
It was fun watching you guys! For a few laps I was right there with you, but then started dropping back and couldn't regain the ground. Good racing guys!

I'm curious, was damage on or off @Goffik ?
Damage was set to "Visual Only". It should mean scuffs and dents appear on the bodywork, but no component damage and no affect on performance. Of course, there might be a bug which means some damage still occurs.

I've definitely noticed the same thing. The first lap took me by surprise on pretty much every corner following the two cars in front, with lock-ups and near-spins. Seemed much better once the tyres were warmed up, but yeah. Definitely felt different that practice/qualy.
Ya something seems a tad off...
What I've been noticing as well, that on a out lap I find the tires have more grip cold but the brakes are non existent in the first corners...but the lap times are slow, than the tires heat up, times start to drop but the turn in seems reduced and the car starts to slide?
Pretty sure those cars use tire warmers for the race as I could have swore they were green at the start in my race HUD?

Information

Here is some additional information you need to know when racing in our AMS 2 club. Please read it carefully before you join us as it could save you some significant frustration! This post will be added to as we learn more, so please check it each time you enter an event.

1) When the qualifying session ends the results are displayed. DO NOT click the Exit button! Doing so will take you back to the main menu without any confirmation, and you will not be able to re-join in time to enter the race. Instead, just sit and wait for the game to automatically advance to the race.​
2) Once qualifying has ended there is no warmup session. There will be a two minute timer while the sim waits for drivers to confirm they are ready. You can change your fuel and setup during this time. Once all drivers have confirmed the race will start. If you do not confirm you are ready before the timer expires, you will be automatically DQ'd from the race!​
3) If the event uses a two race format, everyone will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two.​
4) Don't use shadows as brake markers... the time (and therefore sun position) advances throughout each session!​
Edit: Updated point 2) regarding the delay and ability to change setup between qualifying and race sessions.

Last edited:
Pretty sure those cars use tire warmers for the race as I could have swore they were green at the start in my race HUD?
I honestly couldn't say as I didn't look at the tyre widget until well after lap one. They're definitely cold coming out of the garage but I have no idea at race start.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%