Stewards and Drivers vs Lewis

This isn't how I see the incident when I'm watching replays.

Hamilton was well past Kobayashi on the straight. To me it looks like as Hamilton was moving left to take the correct line for the right-hander, Kobayashi was late-braking into a closing gap on the left side of the circuit, hitting Hamilton's back wheel.

Moving with the racing line isn't making a second defensive move in my opinon. Especially when he was clearly infront before the corner.
Kobayashi was clearly alongside Hamilton by this stage.

Kobayashi was late-braking into a closing gap on the left side of the circuit, hitting Hamilton's back wheel.

Moving with the racing line isn't making a second defensive move in my opinon. Especially when he was clearly infront before the corner.

As others have said, Kobayashi braked first.

And Lewis didn't move with the racing line, he moved onto it.

Lewis Vs Kobi @ Spa is clearly and sadly 100% Lewis at fault,and im glad to see even he knows that,he made his perfectly acceptable move to cover off Kobi who found himself with more speed and a run on Lewis,so Lewis gave up the racing line and Kobi was very much entitled to put his car there with some overlap,the argument of "he could never have pulled off a pass anyway" doesnt cut it for me,what he is mainly doing is denying Lewis the ideal line,not with a view to pass at Les Combes entry but maybe a chance at the exit with Lewis ending up even worse offline by the time they got there,it might have even ran down to Pouhon with Kobi constantly keeping Lewis off the ideal line....

Search this "Hamilton crashes into barriers #formula1 #spa " on the online place with the you and the tube (dont want to just link things on the forum)

You are allowed if it is relevant :)

If you look at that video Kobayashi is completely alongside and Lewis just moves across. You can see in other videos he isn't even looking in his mirror. Kobayashi does actually brake first.

Let's just cut to the chase and stop being disingenuous... Hamilton, in some people's opinion should not be drivin' the cars...he should be washing them. This kid can do no good for some folk. He came into F1 and right away some viewed his entry as preferential treatment. It didn't matter that he had been developed by McLaren from a very young age. Everybody wanted him 'shuffled' off to some 'dog' of a car to rot away in the 'bowels' of Formula1. The fact that it did not happen caused a lot of very angry protest from some past drivers as well as some fans, who thought he got a "free" ride. Most of those ex-drivers now sit on the stewards panel. The kid came into F1 'blazing' and without McLaren's goof at China, almost won the F1 title ...in his first year ...as a rookie. He did this, all the while beating the snot out of a two time world champion in the same equipment. Still people said he was no good and it was all down to the car. Next he got a well deserved contract and that only served to rile them up further. He goes before the stewards more than anybody else because he is Lewis Hamilton. Young, rich and envied. Spin it anyway you want but it is very clear. He's no more aggressive than any other driver. I've never seen him take an opponent to the wall...ala past Webber or Schumacher on Barrichello at Brazil. Go watch real aggression in that video. It's silly to keep hounding this kid under the guise of him being overly aggressive. That's just pure crap. As to his and Koby's incident. It was just that...a racing incident. There was nothing overly aggressive about it. It's racin'. Both guys were effectively fighting for the same line while trying to out-brake each other. Who the heck is stupid enough to look left or right at that braking point? Only an idiot who doesn't want to live very long in F1. As a driver, you're looking at where you want that car to end up on the other side of that turn. That's it.

Oh please Terry. 99% of the people here will tell you that Lewis is a brilliant driver and deserves to be in F1 as much as anyone else. If not more perhaps, cause he has been trained for F1 since a very young age. And for some reason i get this feeling you are somehow trying to bring colour into it, which i hope is seriously not the case. Cause then i call major BS. With regards your remarks about only idiots look left and right in a braking zone. I take it you have never driven a real race car in your life, if you did, i imagine it would have been a short stint. Because thats exactly what you need to do when racing and going into a turn side by side. You cant just move over and think the other car will just dissapear. As a driver its easy to look to the side and gauge where the other car is, especially when your safety depends on it. While i agree both drivers where fighting for position, and it was a racing incident. My original comments on this topic where made because the blame was being put at the feet of Kobi, which is wrong. If there was nothing like a racing incident and someone has to be to blamed it would be Hamilton. Now please get over yourself

I still don't think he's got the punishment he deserves. I mean, a driver like Eddie Irvine must think what the hell the FIA was up to when he was thrown out for multiple races (or well, one, but Jordan protested).
The thing for me is, a punishment is something you should learn from, you should show that you have understood why you have gotten the penalty, and stay out of trouble for a good while in the future, failing to do so, should lead to harder and harder punishments - and in the end, a one race ban. If that don't help, keep on with two race ban, three race ban. Then Super License revoked.

And before anyone is trying to get this post to be a "lews should lose his super license". That is not what I mean, I just said how I think penalties should be done.

Lewis is the driver that broke more rules in a row since I watch F1 (20 years now) and got ridiculous or inexistent penalties for it.

I remember many of them like when he overtook the SC in Valencia (he gained P2 at the moment) and FIA waited for 17 laps to penalize him with a Drive Through, just when his gap was enough to make him keep position, or when a crane put him back on track on Germany 2007 (this was amazing), but I have a list with around 20 situations where other drivers got a penalty and Lewis did not...

Then there are a lot rules the FIA ignored when he broke them, but encouraged them after saying "next driver doing what LH did will get...", if it's in the rules do it now. This happened this summer, they setup the rule of a driver receiving 3 warnings will get a penalty. They surprisingly reset the warnings counter to zero this summer... guess who was the only driver that had 2 warnings :rolleyes:

Hamilton is a risk-taker and a very agressive driver, which is good for the show and made me like him, but it makes him also very controversial because he's always on the limit of legal and doesn't seem to have fear to put his foot on the other side if needed.

In UK is the golden boy and of course according to the media he should be allowed to do everything, but this "stewards vs lewis" is not an international speech were the opinion is, let's say, more divided :rolleyes:. I read often the British press regarding F1 (because is thousand times better than the Spanish one on this matter) and in general they are totally biased towards Hamilton except few well known names, but I understand the causal F1 viewers receive the general message of "poor Lewis the stupid Frenchman from FIA hate him because he's black".

Conclusion, Lewis was favored a lot by stewards in the past and now that he's starting to be treated like the others he's surprised, so his fans are.

I wouldn't say that Hamilton is the UK's Golden Boy. I wasn't his biggest fan, but I do feel for him at the moment. The media are make a big deal out of nothing as always. A lot of the incidents this year have been dubious. While other incidents involving other drivers go unmentioned, any incident involving Lewis is scrutinised until the next GP. This won't change any time soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back