F1 2015 Steve Hood resigned (?)

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Lulz, if it's really about the sales of F1 2014 CM should've done a better job in creating that game and getting realistic opinions about the fan's view of the new season. (design, sound - many people didn't grab a copy because of the sound, I tell ya)
What did they expect? If they'd have implemented an even better classic (oh wait, no money for licences) not-only-dlc mode than for 2013 it may could've turned the tables.

• Deleted member 161052

Without him working for the next-gen game...I won't know what will happen to the game.

That 'creative' director created nothing, instead just removed broken features which they couldn't fix them. Also, frequently, his attitude toward their customers in twitter or official forum was unacceptable. So, at least for me, his resign is quite reasonable.

This is a company owned by an Indian Holding company who could, I bet, give a rat's ass about making a proper F1 SIM. But we shall see.

Agree someone else should be given a chance. Maybe they will yank the license after 2015 and give it to SMS (if pCARS is good) or a decent developer. My guess is that if CM already can see the writing on the wall, 2015 will not be very refined. Just enough to not get slapped with a breach of contract suit.

After these last 5 games (if he was Creative Director for all of them): Good riddance and about time.

Hopefully F1 will finally get the game it deserves. F1 2014 was a slap to the face and personally I would have fired Hood on the spot :O_o::cautious:

It seems now that the codemasters F1 community manager has been let go...

https://twitter.com/LiteralZero/status/626374714865401856

... He was a decent enough bloke but held back by the company as to what/when information he could tell people... A thankless job by all means.

Good luck to him.

I fear that this is the start of the end for codemasters and F1 (some would say that's a good thing!)

What other company could/would do the job tho?

It seems now that the codemasters F1 community manager has been let go...

https://twitter.com/LiteralZero/status/626374714865401856

... He was a decent enough bloke but held back by the company as to what/when information he could tell people... A thankless job by all means.

Good luck to him.

I fear that this is the start of the end for codemasters and F1 (some would say that's a good thing!)

What other company could/would do the job tho?
LOL

"ya, sorry we can't deal with your barrage of questions regarding all the bugs in our game and when we might fix it. We don't have a Community Manager to manage things at the moment."

Maybe they will yank the license after 2015 and give it to SMS (if pCARS is good) or a decent developer.

No SMS. The chances of a crowdfunding campaign + a released buggy to death game + "sequel" announced 1 day after the game is released (and still buggy to death, no fix imminent) would be certain if this happens.

I'll take a decent developer (REIZA, SECTOR 3, HEY I EVEN TAKE EA OF ALL DEVELOPERS) anyday.

No SMS. The chances of a crowdfunding campaign + a released buggy to death game + "sequel" announced 1 day after the game is released (and still buggy to death, no fix imminent) would be certain if this happens.

I'll take a decent developer (REIZA, SECTOR 3, HEY I EVEN TAKE EA OF ALL DEVELOPERS) anyday.

F1 aint going to anybody but a multi-platform developer. You may think pCARS is horrendous, but for console users (80% or more of the market) it does not have a rival. Sad? In a way, but also brilliant, at least for us, in a good way too. The driving immersion is unbelievable. With all the money SMS got off of PC users, they screwed you guys and rewarded us? That about right? There are differing opinions about the game amongst PC users, but I thing everyone is getting frustrated about the bugs. F1 2015, if you can believe, it worse. But they have not happened to me after about 10 hours of play. Strange. Multi-player is broken in F1...worse than pCARS, but I'm not sure if that's limited to public lobbies or private. I have run in a couple of multi-player lobbies that had no problems in F1. Again...strange. Peer to peer I think you really need a good connection, but you are right, pCARS is really basically not fit for ordinary purpose in multi-player. Seems like the only stable one now is Forza5. And we all know how bad the basics are there.....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%