Stefano Dominicali resigns as Ferrari Team Principle

Somewhat of an Italian Whitmarsh? :p
Not quite - there weren't any news about Whitmarsh stepping down. He simply vanished and McLaren just informed the public, that he won't be the principle any more...
Stalin pulled off similar stunts with his party officials during the great purge back in the 30's :roflmao:

10264617_749077658450426_953515786953304276_n.jpg

Good riddance. All cars since 2009 were crap, it is a miracle he lasted so long as team principal.

But is the team principle responsible for how fundamentally quick the car is? That's been the main problem. Even with all the resources Ferrari have, they still have been way off the mark in that regard. The performance of their team principle has not been their main problem.

He (Domenicali) was responisible for the results, no question. But I think that he is only part of the problem, because neither Alonso or Raikönnen / Massa are able to develop a car further and give such a detailed feedback like Schumi did - he was the master at this.
Look what Alonso did (not do) for Ferrari or McLaren and where they were positioned when he joined the team and compare to Schumacher in his glory days. I am a big fan of Alonso a a race driver but I think this is his weakest point, and Raikonnen isn't very helpful to it seems in developing a car, pointing out its flaws and give the engeneers a feedback in a way that they can improve the car. And finally, Ferrari has become very unlucky/bad with race strategies, something they were nearly unbeatable. So yes, as a team manager Domenicali has failed. Maybe they should have bought A.Newey and hired a young, cheap rookie driver like Vettel at the time...

Look at it as a conductor and an orchestra, Domenicali is the conductor and the team is the orchestra. If the orchestra fails to perform the conductor takes the blame, same goes here since a team principle if basically a project leader.

Yes I agree with you, but if there is a competition between many orchestra's and a certain orchestra's musical instruments are dodgy and don't produce sounds or music as good as others, then you cannot really blame the conductor for that. The main problem they've had is that the cars they've produced from 2009-2014 have been disappointing, considering the amount of resources and quality personnel available at Ferrari.

He has been made a scapegoat. Sacking him now won't miraculously improve the car by a second. Swapping Domenicali with a guy with little or no motorsport background will hardly do much to improve the current situation.

The only positive I can see for them is that they can acknowledge that there is no way they can win the 2014 championship with their current car, so they should focus most of their efforts on next year and try to possibly get a head start in development.

One of the craziest F1 related comments I've ever seen on the internet..

But seriously, do you think Alonso knows how to work as a team member?
He consider himself the center of the universe.

Do you remember Schumacher complaining all around when he joined the team?

Well, someone had to pay for Ferrari's mistakes...the chosen one was Domenicali.

Who's next? Montezemolo?:rolleyes:

Thankfully, Massa was there to save Scuderia.

Really, do you actually believe what you say? If yes, please tell me who you support. ;)

Actually, I really do.

I do believe that working with Alonso is a nightmare. His ego is just too big, what is really bad for a team that needs improvements and feedback.

Ok, I do not like the guy. He is a great pilot, but I would prefer to have in my team someone like Hulk, Button, etc. :thumbsup:

Not quite - there weren't any news about Whitmarsh stepping down. He simply vanished and McLaren just informed the public, that he won't be the principle any more...
Stalin pulled off similar stunts with his party officials during the great purge back in the 30's :roflmao:
As far as I'm aware Whitmarsh is still an employee of McLaren Group. He stepped down as the CEO of the racing team, however there was no information about his termination.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 126 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 469 39.0%